You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

retrograde

Hey all, in continuing my scooter series for Redbubble, here is a retro styled Vespa/travel poster look featuring a scootering lady about Rome.

Lambretta will be next in the series.

All done in Designer 1.6

Check it out on my Redbubble site as well.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/kevincreative/works/29083512-retro-vespa-scooter?asc=u&ref=recent-owner

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 4.44.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 4.47.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 4.48.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-26 at 4.40.54 PM.png

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Utterly fantastic - the colours, the subtle shading, the form, the composition - all just great!!! :)

Cheers Matt!

I'm having fun exploring this retro styling direction and really enjoying the creative possibilities and "smooth buttery wonderfulness" of working in Designer again. ;) 

Wow, thanks Raymond!

I am working on the Lambretta image at the moment. Trying to repeat this look in a slightly different colour scheme, but same style. I may do a few more using other scooter brands or motorcycles paired with different cityscape backgrounds for a wide ranging series.

I am "borrowing" heavily and standing on the shoulders of a lot of the great poster artists of the 20's - 50's stylistically. I've been wanting to create something like this for a while now in Designer. I'm very glad to see it's getting a positive response. :-)

I thought it was good at first, then I saw your photo with all the lines and saw how much detail there was that kind of faded into the background do to the woman on the scooter being the focus. It went from good to amazing. So much planning going in and it looks so complex and then in the final image for it to look so clean. I hope I'm wording this in a way that properly conveys that I think this is amazing.

Cheers photogeek!

This one took me a while to do as it's a bit different to my usual work and I had to really take it slowly to not add or over do it.  When you see the final image it doesn't truly convey all of the steps, decisions and mistakes along the way. Also when it's a personal piece you don't have that client deadline forcing you to speed up the process... so you can tend to over think or question everything as you go. In the end I was pretty happy with the outcome and also very happy that it is being enjoyed by others as well. 

Thanks again photogeek!

On 29/11/2017 at 8:54 AM, retrograde said:

I am "borrowing" heavily and standing on the shoulders of a lot of the great poster artists of the 20's - 50's stylistically. I've been wanting to create something like this for a while now in Designer. I'm very glad to see it's getting a positive response. :-)

Why would it get anything else, Kevin?? :/

35 minutes ago, retrograde said:

In the end I was pretty happy with the outcome and also very happy that it is being enjoyed by others as well.

Quite right, too! thumbup1.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)