It would be wonderful if you could pre-define a set of document sizes that you use a lot. For instance, I frequently need to make a document of 940x788, 96dpi and would like to have the "create artboard" option checked. Love to be able to give this a name and have it appear in the dropdown option list :)

I'm sure there have been quite a few threads about custom templates. A very simple workaround is to create a document which meets your criteria and save it somewhere that is easily accessible; then whenever you want to use it, you just load it and immediately 'Save As...' to a new name so that you're working on a copy, leaving the original unaltered.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104 • Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.1.40 • iOS 11.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

In my case, I create the document that suits my needs, let's say a Postcard 6x4in, CMYK, 300 DPI with placement text, logo and address in place... When I'm done, I drag the artwork into a new Asset Group in Assets panel... Next time I need it, I simply create a new document and drag it back from the Assets panel into my document.

Another thing I do is save the Assets to the cloud to make it available in my other machines if needed.

Not sure if it helps, but it's my best solution for now since I do repeat same kind of document setting for some specific clients such as business cards, flyers, post cards, posters, etc.

Reminous

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 20.33.01.png

12 hours ago, Alfred said:

I'm sure there have been quite a few threads about custom templates. A very simple workaround is to create a document which meets your criteria and save it somewhere that is easily accessible; then whenever you want to use it, you just load it and immediately 'Save As...' to a new name so that you're working on a copy, leaving the original unaltered.

A small tip: after saving your "template", set the file's properties to read-only. That way, you can't accidentally save over the file.

15 hours ago, reminous said:

In my case, I create the document that suits my needs, let's say a Postcard 6x4in, CMYK, 300 DPI with placement text, logo and address in place... When I'm done, I drag the artwork into a new Asset Group in Assets panel... Next time I need it, I simply create a new document and drag it back from the Assets panel into my document.

Another thing I do is save the Assets to the cloud to make it available in my other machines if needed.

Not sure if it helps, but it's my best solution for now since I do repeat same kind of document setting for some specific clients such as business cards, flyers, post cards, posters, etc.

Reminous

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 20.33.01.png

This is actually a great suggestion - thanks!