You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP - Color Grading Macros (free)

Egor Komarov

Thanks for sharing these.

Skill Level: Beginner, digital photography, digital editing, lighting.

Equipment: Consumer grade. Sony Nex5n, Nikon D5100, (16MP sony sensors)

Paid Software: Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Lightroom4

Free Software: NIK collection, Sony CaptureOne9, Cyberlink PhotoDirector6, Hugin, ImageJ, MS Ice, Davinci Resolve

Computer: Win10 home, CPU Skylake I7-6700, GPU Saphire HD7850 1G, Plextor SSD

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/5/2020 at 6:30 AM, muhammadk said:

Thanks for the macros Egor. I am still learning affinity photo. Is there any PDF file or other sort of information available about how to use these macros,  anywhere on affinity forums or anywhere else.

Go to view -> Studio -> Library

Small horizontal icon in the Library window that pops up.  Import macros and find the file you downloaded

You will then have Egor Komarov as a category with 21 options under it.

Open an image in your layers panel, then just click on one of those options and it will run the steps for you changing your photo (basically adding layers and adjustments for you.

From there you can tweak, or click undo and try a different one.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:30 AM, muhammadk said:

Thanks for the macros Egor. I am still learning affinity photo. Is there any PDF file or other sort of information available about how to use these macros,  anywhere on affinity forums or anywhere else.

I don't know what @muhammadk was after, but I really cannot use these macros without knowing what they actually do. I cannot see myself clicking each in turn to see what it will do. 

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

On 6/7/2020 at 7:01 AM, John Rostron said:

I don't know what @muhammadk was after, but I really cannot use these macros without knowing what they actually do. I cannot see myself clicking each in turn to see what it will do. 

John

These are fantastic, your loss.  The experience is only different from a present in that you have to click "undo" to apply the next one.  You should be able to rename them I'd imagine if you view the result and something more meaningful comes to mind.  The Macro benefit is that you can further adjust each adjustment that was applied.  

Actually what I wanted to say was that,  Is there any explanation in written form or any video available to help one understand how the color grading macros provided by Egor Komarov work and how one can apply those in photo editing and enhancement.

16 hours ago, 78deluxe said:

These are fantastic, your loss.  The experience is only different from a present in that you have to click "undo" to apply the next one.  You should be able to rename them I'd imagine if you view the result and something more meaningful comes to mind.  The Macro benefit is that you can further adjust each adjustment that was applied.  

On 6/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, John Rostron said:

John

What I wanted to ask was if there is any explanation available as to what each of the 21 macros does and how to use them.

1 hour ago, muhammadk said:

What I wanted to ask was if there is any explanation available as to what each of the 21 macros does and how to use them.

My feelings exactly!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

14 hours ago, muhammadk said:

You can review what the macos do by just applying them and look at the layers panel, open each of the adjustments that are applied, it should be as simple as that.

I've provided detail on how to use them.  

I can't imagine sitting through a video where someone explains the adjustments they made on 21 presets, marcros.

(i..e first I reduced satruation via the HSL tool related to global colors then to the blues and yellows, then I added a curves layer and created an s-curve, then used the vibrance tool and boosted vibrance buy left sturation intact, and so forth).  It wouldn't provide much value beyond just looking at the effects and layers you get by clicking on them and see what happens, it isn't like you would remember the steps of say macro 17 vs macro 5.  

If you are new and have a limited understadnign of macros the idea is simple.  Start with an image, press record and the program starts to record every step you take (with some limitaitons to what it will and won't record), then start making adjustments in the program, add variius adjustment layers and tweak them, when done stop recording the macro.

ONce that macro is saved, you can press that macro button once and it effectivly repeats all those steps you took, creating the adjustment layers and the tweaks you made to each...and does all that usually in a few seconds instead of all the time it took you to create all those changes and adjustments.

You can then go into the layers and adjust to make it better match the desired look you want for the particualr photo you applied it to.  

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, muhammadk said:

Thanks for the explanation. I followed your advice and have started to understand the way the macros work.

What I was looking for was a PDF saying what macro functions for what purpose, not the explanation how it was created.

All these Macros are for the "function/purpose" of changing the look of the image.  Much like a preset works.  

If you look in the last image in the OP, and compare that to yoru own results with them, I think you will find any sort of description of what they do doesn't provide a whole lot of value.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...