This may be a silly question, but I can't seem to figure out how to delete a project from the iPad version. Is there any way to do this or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Hello MEB,

the only menu entry I see there is 'rename'. Looks like I cannot delete a project that contains images. How do I delete a project with all of its images?

Best regards

I am having this problem too. However, when I tap the 3-bar menu for a project I only can choose from close, rename, duplicate, and save

Oh, I see that "close" is the delete option.... I didn't expect that.

Edited by Persa
found solution

35 minutes ago, Persa said:

I am having this problem too. However, when I tap the 3-bar menu for a project I only can choose from close, rename, duplicate, and save

Oh, I see that "close" is the delete option.... I didn't expect that.

Yes its part of the new IOS and iCloud Drive integration, the way to think of it is that when you load into Affinity Photo, your file is managed in a sandbox with all edits and saved handled automatically. But, it is only a sandbox which is a temporary place to store your files, you need to press save to store either in you iPad files or iCloud Drive storage area for any long term storage. Once you have saved your files you can close them and they are deleted from the temporary internal sandbox.It is certainly a change from earlier versions but makes for a better workflow especially if you also work occasionally on desktop version too.

Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8, Publisher 1.8 on MACOS Catalina and Windows 10.
Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13.5 beta.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

On 11/19/2017 at 10:12 PM, beutelmull said:

Hello MEB,

the only menu entry I see there is 'rename'. Looks like I cannot delete a project that contains images. How do I delete a project with all of its images?

Best regards

Hi, I quote this cause it's 2 years old and still no answers. 

When clicking the 3 lines icon sometimes the only option available is Rename, on other projects I have the usual  Save, Close, etc....WHY? 

Thanks 

12 hours ago, Massi said:

When clicking the 3 lines icon sometimes the only option available is Rename, on other projects I have the usual  Save, Close, etc....WHY? 

When documents are organized into 'project' containers (basically what would be a folder on desktop systems) your only option is "Rename." This is true even if there is just one document in the project. To delete anything in a project, tap it to open the project & you should have all the usual options for each item in it.

Once a project container is empty (contains no documents) you should have two options, Close (for when you want to keep the empty project for future use) & Delete (when you don't).

BTW, there is now a separate forum for Affinity on iPad questions.

Affinity Photo 1.8.3, Affinity Designer 1.8.3, Affinity Publisher 1.8.3; macOS Mojave 10.14.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 
1.8.3.180 & Affinity Designer 1.8.3.2 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.3.1