You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers panel going crazy

• Staff

Hi guys,

I've seen this posted a few times. I'm not sure if it is taking time to redraw the info on the panel or if it is related to a previous fix we applied which handles long layer names and includes the scrollbar at the bottom.

I've tried with some of my bigger documents and can't reproduce it. @Wiredframe does this happen with just that document in your screenshots or can you create a document from scratch with less content that displays the behaviour?  

I reported the same issue.

In my case, I had quite a few layers but not so many.

It is probably a combination of several layers, a heavy document and intense process from the layers (masks, adjustments, live filters).

This happened since the very first beta I tried back in November and it is still happening, both in AD & AP.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

This happens quite often after working for an about hour or more with complex designs with lots of layers. A temporary workaround: disable "show selection in layers panel" when this happens (although I'm not sure if this works every time).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.