You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.5.1.52

Ver 52 works fine and faster during photo editing :D  But unfortunately still 20-30s for loading raws and tiffs and 20-30s when i`m switching develop to photo persona after raw adjusting. I thought  maybe my computer is to slow but exporting raw to 16bit tiff or jpg takes 5s, so it`s rather not my computer.

And i have another issue - i can`t load multiple files, bacause progam hangs. I have to load every files separatly.  

Other things works fine, thanks for beta ;)

Working fine, Nik Collection "violet" issue looks solved

sduccio,

if you mean the wrong colors in Viveza, the problem is not solved.

I have correct colors in the preview window of Viveza for jpeg or 8-bit tiff files only when i use 33%, 50% or 100% preview size in Viveza. When I see the whole image in Viveza it still has wrong colors.

For 16-bit tiff files it is worse. The colors in Viveza's preview window are only correct when I use the 100% preview size.

Hi, the made preferences from. 51 are overwritten by the update .52. Can not keep the settings.
E.g. I had background black now again white. Other settings you have to write otherwise to be always on the latest. Or how to save the settings separately and insert them again.
Thanks Dieter

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

I'm closely following this forum - still very interested in Affinity Photo's development, but will not do any beta installations for a while. I prefer to use my current Lightroom/Photoshop combo until a production-ready version of Affinity Photo is released.

I bought it and don't regret it. It just too far from ready for prime time. The potential is enormous, though...

Arghh. I like the software but my god i've never used anything that crashes so often. I  installed the .51 beta because i was getting the crashes whenever i pressed help (as well as a lot of other random crashes). I've just been working for 20 mins and lost it due to another random crash. I will install the .52 beta now but this is really unacceptable how unstable this software is.... Hope it gets better.

Ver 52 works fine and faster during photo editing :D  But unfortunately still 20-30s for loading raws and tiffs and 20-30s when i`m switching develop to photo persona after raw adjusting. I thought  maybe my computer is to slow but exporting raw to 16bit tiff or jpg takes 5s, so it`s rather not my computer.

And i have another issue - i can`t load multiple files, bacause progam hangs. I have to load every files separatly.  

Other things works fine, thanks for beta ;)

With me also, open raw image still quite slow.

NEF file 8 sec RAF file 15 seconds 

Arghh. I like the software but my god i've never used anything that crashes so often. I  installed the .51 beta because i was getting the crashes whenever i pressed help (as well as a lot of other random crashes). I've just been working for 20 mins and lost it due to another random crash. I will install the .52 beta now but this is really unacceptable how unstable this software is.... Hope it gets better.

Just for my curiousity, what are you doing, or what is your primary editing action?

I didn't encounter a single crash yet, and have been using it since the public beta.. only when trying Photoshop plugins that don't work that it may crash.. but then it's more the plugin that crashes.

I guess you must be using some part of the application that I'm not to encounter so many crashes..

Hi,

there were other posts about crashing too often. The problem there was solved by reducing the amount of memory the software is allowed to use in the preferences. I think, he had only 4GB of ram or so and it helped to reduce the threshold to 3GB in the preferences. Try this out.