You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

modifier to expand/collapse all child-elements?

Hi folks,

I couldn't find an option to expand / collapse all child-groups/child-layers when pressing the little arrow button in front of a group/layer that contains child objects.

I know this function from Phxxxxxop, and used it a lot to rapidly collapse all expanded child-elements and quickly get an better overview of the layer hierarchy.

Phxxxxxop provides that functionality by pressing alt+click. And if you have used it - the next alt-click causes the opposite (e.g. expand all).

I liked and used it quite often.

Cheers guy,

Stefan.

post-26509-0-08624200-1472899192_thumb.png

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

macOS Sierra 10.13.6;
MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

• 1 month later...

If you right-click and choose "Expand Selection" or "Collapse Selection" it will apply to all child objects.

Not the best solution, but it's there. Holding a modifier key (option) like in Finder's list view would be better.

Hi hawk,

sure, a modifier would be much easier - BUT: thanks a lot for your hint. I really did not know, that the functionality has already been implemented, because in my German version this functionality has been named(translated) with "Auswahl erweitern" and "Auswahl reduzieren". To be honest, I would not have been aspected this functionality behind these two option.

So thanks a lot for mentioning this.

And I still hope that one day (nearly) every function of the app will be customizable with shortcuts.

Cheers and,

thanks hawk.

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

macOS Sierra 10.13.6;
MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

• 9 months later...

+1

And I would expect it to behave the same way Finder does when it displays a folder content in list view: you simply hold the ALT key when you click the triangle and every folders and sub-folders within collapse/expand.

(I bet a lot of you didn't know that about Finder, am I right?)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...