You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A thread for serious customers who use the software for serious purposes

I refer to the following post.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/201423-canva/&do=findComment&comment=1202348

There is a sequence of a few posts regarding this, then this post.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/201423-canva/&do=findComment&comment=1202480

So here is the thread.

Although I use Affinity products for work that I consider serious, I am basically a hobbyist user of Affinity products.

So I am not intending to participate in this thread, I have simply set it up in the hope that it might be of interest to some users. Though I hope to watch with interest.

If people wish to criticise me for starting this thread, please start your own thread to do that and not disrupt this thread from its intended purpose.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

8 hours ago, William Overington said:

Why send the reader chasing off to the other thread to view those posts, instead of displaying them (at least partially) here? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

@Alfred Because reading the sequence of posts in the other thread explains the backstory of why I started this thread.

You and I are both following this thread, so hopefully we can observe whether it is unused for its intended purpose or whether it is a stepping stone that results in the starting by Affinity management of the new additional forum that @Aurea Ratio wants.

There are 131 views thus far, including ours, and thus far no response apart from yours. Yet maybe given time that will change, though maybe not.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

20 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Because reading the sequence of posts in the other thread explains the backstory of why I started this thread.

People seeing your links will either ignore them or click through to view the linked posts. The first of those scenarios guarantees that they won’t see the backstory, the second doesn’t guarantee that they will. By using links like mine (the default mode here) you automagically give the reader the first three lines to pique their interest.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

54 minutes ago, Aurea Ratio said:

Take note, Canva, this is what happens when you completely miss the target. Cringe-worthy, simply cringe-worthy.

Well, you wanted a discussion forum for for serious customers who use the software for serious purposes.

Such a forum is not immediately available, but I started this thread in the hope that it would be as good as could be got at the present time.

So here is your opportunity to state clearly and directly what you mean by serious customers and serious purposes.

An opportunity that can be seized if you want to do that.

If that post is made and then there is discussion then it might one day lead to the establishment of the forum that you want. Maybe, maybe not. Is it worth a try?

William

Seriously?

• Serious users are here.
  • Non serious users leave when it doesn't suit their needs.
  • Other non serious users never come here because they use it instead of discussing it.
  • Non users don't come here.

The real question is though;
    Why are there so many people posting nonessential topics and keep on discussing these topics to fill their days.
    And by doing so, making it for the (new) user,seeking answers, so difficult.

And boy are there some bone scrapers here.

But yes a general chat forum that could be ignored/blocked from the streams by the members, could be the solution.

@Return Well, the issue was raised and I would like to know what @Aurea Ratio means by serious users and serious purposes.

I am retired and my use of Affinity products is (thus far) only at a basic level, usually at just using Affinity Designer to produce PDF documents to put on the web or to use to get an A3 print, and jpg files so as to get what are called custom photo greetings cards using a jpg file containing an image that is not usually a photograph. Yet having Affinity products available to me so that I can do those things is very helpful to me, notwithstanding that what I produce is only of interest to me and a few others.

William

7 hours ago, Aurea Ratio said:

Take note, Canva, this is what happens when you completely miss the target. Cringe-worthy, simply cringe-worthy.

What specifically does this have to do with Canva buying Serif?

Also, if it is Canva you want to take note of whatever you mean, why are you posting it here instead of contacting Canva directly, for instance through their https://www.canva.com/help/ page or leaving a comment at https://www.canva.com/community/?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7