You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

3 hours ago, Peter I. said:

I bought it on the Affinity website in the last 30 minutes via my account, but did not receive the license, instead an error message. The $75 was debited via paypal, but I have not received a license...

If you got an error message, the payment probably was not successful. What did it say?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If you got an error message, the payment probably was not successful.

That’s an obvious inference to make, but it seems to be at odds with this:

4 hours ago, Peter I. said:

The $75 was debited via paypal

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I could also simply cancel the payment via paypal and place the order again. But I'm worried that the same mistake will happen and I'll have the problem of contacting support again.

Edited by Peter I.

1 hour ago, Peter I. said:

I could also simply cancel the payment via paypal and place the order again. But I'm worried that the same mistake will happen and I'll have the problem of contacting support again.

What was the error message?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

6 minutes ago, Peter I. said:

I have already sent the support team all the documents from paypal including the invoice number from digital river.

Good. Thanks. Best to wait for their response via email, then.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

Hi everyone,

Our sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you, our payment portal unfortunately experienced some down time on Wednesday/Thursday whilst the Affinity team were out of the office. We are currently looking into what happened and hope to update everyone who placed an order during that time at the earliest convenience.

If you have not already done so, please contact affintyorders@serif.com so we can update each of you individually about your specific order as we learn more.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

1 minute ago, StevenS said:

Hi everyone,

Our sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you, our payment portal unfortunately experienced some down time on Wednesday/Thursday whilst the Affinity team were out of the office. We are currently looking into what happened and hope to update everyone who placed an order during that time at the earliest convenience.

If you have not already done so, please contact affintyorders@serif.com so we can update each of you individually about your specific order as we learn more.

Ok sir, copy that, I'm waiting for the good news ❤️

Thanks for the mail from the support. But I'm sorry, I really haven't had a good experience now with buying the affinity software. I also had to file an objection via Paypal and ask Paypal to refund the amount, which they now want to do.
Sorry Serif. Sorry, i will not recommend you any further and will now switch to the competitor's more expensive software. Good bye.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:50 AM, Peter I. said:

Thanks for the mail from the support. But I'm sorry, I really haven't had a good experience now with buying the affinity software. I also had to file an objection via Paypal and ask Paypal to refund the amount, which they now want to do.
Sorry Serif. Sorry, i will not recommend you any further and will now switch to the competitor's more expensive software. Good bye.

For fear of having problems with the online store again, I have now bought the software via the Apple Appstore. That worked.

On 4/12/2024 at 3:36 PM, StevenS said:

Hi everyone,

Come on man I hate this , I have carried out all your instructions in the email, but until now my money has not been returned and I have not received the application, seriously, this is not good experience with buying this software