You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher newsletter templates?

You can see everything that's available at https://affinity.store, kat :)

Have you tried a web search, e.g. for newletter templates for affinity publisher

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 minutes ago, kat said:

Possible to open an indesign .idml file in Publisher?

In a word, yes! IDML import was added in APub 1.8.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I don’t know how I got it* but I have a template called “Gradient Magazine Template” in my “My Account” which looks like my attached image.

That can probably be used for a newsletter (maybe with some of the coloured blocks removed for home printing with less coloured ink usage).

* It might have been part of an add-in pack, or a special offer, or have come bundled with one of the versions of the software, I can’t remember which, but I can’t remember buying it either.

image.thumb.png.f3ee160905530031a44b62e1406b7702.png

Screenshot 2024-03-13 084632.png

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

It might have been part of an add-in pack, or a special offer, or have come bundled with one of the versions of the software, I can’t remember which, but I can’t remember buying it either.

It came (and several others) as a free add-on at one point, with some application purchase and subsequent registration of the application in the Affinity Store. I don't remember further details. Good thinking; it's possible kat has that and hasn't downloaded/installed it.

image.png

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

* It might have been part of an add-in pack, or a special offer, or have come bundled with one of the versions of the software, I can’t remember which, but I can’t remember buying it either.

The Gradient Magazine Template was included in the version 1.9 update for Affinity Publisher.

Affinity Spotlight: Sync your Affinity Store resources with your Affinity 1.9 apps

Alfred spacer.png

In addition to opening IDML templates from InDesign, Publisher can also open PDF files. This means that most of the design elements can be derived by any PDF. Each of the elements can then be easily converted into text styles or graphic assets.

Paolo

I downloaded the gradient templates. A quick how to open opened then disappeared pre download. Do I have to do something other than open the AD template from AP2?

I haven't done any designing since InDesign CS6, but watched an AP tutorial. All looks familiar. I was afraid I'd have to start from scratch on type styles, but AP comes equipped!

33 minutes ago, kat said:

I downloaded the gradient templates. A quick how to open opened then disappeared pre download. Do I have to do something other than open the AD template from AP2?

It's a Publisher template, not a Designer template.

How you open it depends on how you installed it. If you installed it with a manual download, then you could find the .aftemplate file via File > Open in Publisher, wherever you saved it, and Open it. Or, if you downloaded it via the Account function within one of the applications, it should be available automatically in the Affinity Store entry if you do File > New, then click on Templates.

-- Walt
PC:

7 minutes ago, kat said:

So I might have opened AP and somehow downloaded to get it to show automatically?

First, AP is Photo (as you can see by hovering your mouse over that abbreviation). You will want to be using Publisher, which you might abbreviate  APu or APub. Or just say Publisher :)

When you first open the application, you probably see a screen like this (or you can get it by using File > New:

image.png.bbd6659a07af809add39cceef85c1bba.png

Click on Account. Or click on it on the upper right of the Toolbar (by default): image.png.ea12444e999abba464bd7d28ccf97b9e.png

Or use Help > My Account.

Items you have purchased from the Affinity Store will be there. You can click on them to download.

Help: https://affinity.help/publisher2/en-US.lproj/pages/GetStarted/registerAndSync.html

-- Walt
PC:

I'm getting a sense of what I want to do in APub and would like to create a wireframe. Advantages to creating a wireframe in AD and import it into APub?

1 hour ago, kat said:

I'm getting a sense of what I want to do in APub and would like to create a wireframe. Advantages to creating a wireframe in AD and import it into APub?

I can only think of disadvantages! Why create something in AD and then import it into APub, when you can choose to ‘Edit in Designer’ or even simply switch to the Designer persona in APub, depending on the complexity of what you want to do? APub itself has tools for creating and manipulating curves and shapes, so that may be all you need.

Alfred spacer.png