You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Here I'll show you an architecture magazine that I design annually with Affinity Publisher and oversee the printing and production.

AP.jpg

In the beginning the magazine was created in Indesign. After I got out of the Adobe subscription, I adapted it in Publisher and now designed it in AP for the fourth time.

At the beginning there were problems with embedded customer PDFs; these were not passed through but were always somehow interpreted and therefore incorrect.
Since ver. 2 this has been a thing of the past.

You can view the entire magazine as a digital edition here. Have fun!

Servus Ernie

270 pages, that must have been a lotta work.
Looks like a real fun project tho!

We've switched off most Adobe products aswell.
However, we haven't found a decent alternative for Preflight and so we are kinda stuck with Acrobat still.

What are you using for Preflight?

@Baddy: „What are you using for Preflight?“

I use an old Acrobat Pro (CS6) version and Callas-Pdf suite to preflight and correct my PDF's from AP.

Clipboard-1.jpg

The printing house uses Heidelberger Prinect and I recieve a preflight from them too. So I can check my Print-PDF.

@VectorWhiz thank You verry much!

Moin Moin @ernie-f,

wenn ich auf den Link klicke warnt mich uBlock Origin im chromebasierten Browser (Vivaldi) vor einer Bedrohung.

When I click on the link, uBlock Origin warns me of a threat in the Chrome-based browser (Vivaldi).

image.png.8d851501f03af75ffc734a9bcfc86980.png

Firefox gibt eine Warnmeldung aus, dass das Öffnen mehrerer Pop-Ups verhindert wurde.

Firefox displays a warning message that the opening of several pop-ups has been prevented.

image.png.45dccd1aab0a8dff1d510ad7cb91a04c.png

Und zu guter Letzt, Microsoft Edge

msedge_DoSHk5d9CD.thumb.gif.d256b6a4d37999f32cb474484a37a161.gif

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

I use Vivaldi with uBlock Origin and Malwarebytes, as well as MS Windows Security. There are no warnings for me. Privacy Badger says there may be some trackers associated. Welcome to the web.

Beautiful job and beautiful magazine! I did sort of the same as you but added in 1 more redesign. I took Skin Art Magazine from InDesign to QuarkXpress (yes, Quark), and finally to Affinity Publisher. I've been using Publisher for 5 years and haven't looked back.

Hi @dannyg9:

thats funny. I started with Quark in the 1990ies then switched to Indesign and since 5 Years I worked arround with AP.

If you know all the DTP-Software so it's no a problem to switch to AP. The workarrounds are more or less the same. If you work with stiles, masterpages and know how to make printable PDF’s, there is no big challenge to do it in AP.

Only the PDF-preflight without AcrobatPro (and/or PlugIns) can be/is a fight! I hope Affinity give us a tool to proof our Print-PDF’s.

Thank You for the kind words about my Magazin-Design.

Servus Ernst