You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've been using affinity designer since the first beta and I've always found it very fast, I upgraded to version 2. A few days ago I upgraded to version 2.1.0 after 2.0.9 and I found that it slowed down a lot, even just at start-up I calculated almost 2 and a half minutes whereas before it was almost immediate. Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks

I'm not sure about that, but I have a similar impression. The apps start a bit slower than the former versions. Most of all I noticed that a problem, I already had with Photo's Brush Editor in the last version, became much worse in some cases. Sometimes, if I changed something in the Brush Editor in the last version, it took very much time to compute the changes and the app was greyed out during that time. Now in some cases the app freezes and I have to shut it down. But that happens not so often. I'm still investigating this problem. Possibly I only have installed too many brushes and other stuff.

I'm on Windows 10.

I just tested it on my Dell XPS 8930 with i7, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 (6GB RAM), and the start of each app needed 17-20 seconds. But I remember that the first starts after the update took much longer. I suppose that could have been caused by some new features, that must be registered first. But I can't judge it in your case.

hello,

While the opening times of the applications were fast in beta 2.1.1799, since the release I also notice a rather long loading time when opening and on the three applications. Installing MSI (exe)

Newbie - beta tester

• Ordinateur 1 : i7 7700K - 16 Go RAM -GC : Nvida 1060 6 Go - OS : Windows 10 Pro
  • Ordinateur 2 : i5-10210U - 16 Go RAM - INTEL UHD graphics - OS : Windows 11 Pro
  • Software : Suite affinity V2.1

Publisher 2.1 is very slow to open on my Mac.  Photo 2.1 and Designer 2.1 slightly less so.  All three are definitely slower than the Betas.  Not just a Windows situation. 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Hello !

Since the 2.1 version, I also have a big slow down of the app.

Wen I use a brush, there's sometimes a delay of 1 second !!

I have macbookpro 2021 M1 32go - And when I run the monitor, nothing is really high (CPU or memory).

So I guess it's really from this version.

Hope they will work on that pretty soon...

I must agree that the start up times seem quite a bit slower than with previous versions!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

As I noticed during the last days, the start up times seem to vary. As I tested it on the 20th (see above), it took between 17 and 21 seconds for each app. But in the last days it sometimes took  much more. I can't see a cause for it.