You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2.1 GM Build (2.1.0.1799)

2 minutes ago, Red Sands said:

Clicking on an icon in the dock, an icon that represents an open app and especially with an open document, but nothing happens, is as unintuitive and pointless as anything can get.

But something does happen if the app is not frontmost & that is that the Mac menu bar changes to that of the app. So for example, if all I want to do is create a new document or open a different existing one without maximizing any open docs I have minimized, I can do that.

Alternately, I can selectively maximize any minimized doc from the Window menu, or (if I have opted to minimize to the app's Dock icon) right-click on it & selectively maximize just that doc, plus make the app frontmost if it was not.

It's just a different way of managing multiple docs when it is useful to keep some of them minimized to reduce screen clutter. I don't expect everyone to work like that but it is something some of us like to be able to do. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.5.3 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
A
ll 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

It doesn't, for me, on either Windows 11 (MSI installer) or Windows 10 (MSIX installer). If it's stopping it for you, I think more info is needed.

And, my apologies: It was not intended as nit-picking. First, we needed to understand what you meant by "default document" (since it isn't). And then, since having that dialog up doesn't stop the update for other users, we need to understand what's happening for you, more than has been explained so far.

"For me" that works and is helpful. I never rule out the idea that it can be something on my end. I detailed this in another post. THAT IS NOT THE FIRST GO-TO

As for me, the idea that the checked new document stops the update should be enough for the developers to look at. I would think it should close a blank document or offer to save and close one with content

Don't apologize: I don't need it and you don't mean it This will keep happening. Someone will post something and it will be attacked by the grammarians and the spelling cops until the original idea is all but lost. Please just stop that! as for default document ... do you think that if the first response was "what do you mean by default document" things might have gone better? Of course it would although a lot less fun and fulfilling. Since programs like word an excel open to a "default document" I will not hang my head in shame over that usage although it was a bit confusing in an Affinity context.

But I am don with this one and am not worried if anything is done with this. You guys beat me to death over this and I do not have the energy  to contend with this silliness.

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• Staff

Ok actually this was just an announcement about the GM build and is digressing a lot into specific issues or feedback which should be started as new threads - if it's a bug in bug reporting, or a feature suggestion in feedback. I'm going to lock this thread now.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2