You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error in the Layer Effects panel when entering values with the mouse wheel Windows 11

I just noticed that there is no way to enter the numerical value of the effects by scrolling the mouse wheel in Windows 11.
The slider can be used to set the value of, for example, the shadow, and by turning the circle on the mouse, although the values change, the effect does not actually change.
So a regression from previous versions.
For repair.

Replicated here. Works in the 2.04 version, but not in the current Beta.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

I've noticed the same thing recently. Does not work in Photo and Designer beta 2.1.0.1732 on Windows 10.

However, wheel is working correctly in Quick FX panel, but does not work in Layer Effects window, same behaviour for all sliders among all effects.

Effects panel wheel.png

Desktop 1: i7 2600k @4,3 GHz, RTX 4070 12GB, 16GB Ram, SSD + HDD, Win10 Pro 22H2, Wacom Bamboo
Desktop 2: i7 3770k @4,2 GHz, RTX 2060s 8GB, 16GB Ram, SSD + HDD, Win10 Home 22H2, Wacom Intuos 4

Latest Affinity V2 + Affinity V2 Beta

• Staff

The issue "Setting the numerical value of an effect using a scroll wheel increases the number but does not apply FX" (REF: AFB-7571) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.