You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Opening older Affinity Publisher documents cause Affinity Publisher 2 to crash

big smile

I've been opening some of my older Affinity Publisher 1.10.5 documents in Affinity Publisher 2.0.0

Most of them open fine. But some cause Publisher to crash. 

As in past versions of Publisher, the work around is to copy the document to another directory and to open it from there. And then save over the original document.

However, this is an annoying bug, so it would be nice if it could be logged and fixed. 

On 11/10/2022 at 6:03 AM, Gabe said:

Could you attach some of those problem documents on this link please? https://www.dropbox.com/request/qBoyErkmKrTcjw1AqdqV

I am having this problem with a specific template: "Brochure 2022." I've used one other template today "Flyer 2022" and it loaded fine. Both were created in AP v1. I have uploaded them to the same link, Gabe. One difference is that the brochure gives me a notification that a linked image has been modified, while the flyer does not. Whether I attempt to update the linked file or not, the brochure template always causes AP v2 to crash. Both work fine on AP v1.

Thanks!

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

I think this would be resource specific. I've not seen any crashes without them. If you know what resource they could be using, could you try and compress and upload them please? 

Hi Some of the file are too big, but I've uploaded all the resources for one the submited Afpub files. Thanks for your help. 

I had a similar problem with V1 files in V2 (seen in another thread in this section) and it was suggested it might be a piece of type that uses either a subscript or a superscript character (like… H2O) that’s causing it, and that it was a previously reported problem.

Could that be your problem?

I posted the same issue, I didn’t see this post. My file actually opened a few times with no problems but then suddenly started crashing. I upgraded to Mac Ventura hoping that might help, but nope! 

Edit: I opened the file in Publisher for iPad and it opened. So I saved it under another name and tried again but still no luck. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Gabe This is still an issue in Affinity Publisher 2 Customer Beta 2.0.3.1674 (macOS). It also seems to happen with older files that were opened in Affinity Publisher 2 (non-beta) and saved as a Affinity Publisher 2 file., 

Do I need to raise a separate post in the beta forum?

Also, is there a way, I can send a crash report to help with debugging. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

8 minutes ago, Gabe said:

What file are you using? The one you've uploaded seems fine. You can re-upload it again if you wish https://www.dropbox.com/request/8T9KbutUIOh1ipUT40am

Hi I have uploaded the file to drop box, together with the crash report. The file does actually open, but if you go to resource manager, then Affinity Publisher 2 (Beta 2.0.3.1674 (macOS)) crashes. 

• 4 weeks later...