Jump to content

big smile

Members
  • Content Count

    174
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About big smile

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

669 profile views
  1. In Publisher is there any way to automatically caption images by file name. E.g. you import and image and then a text box with the file name appears under the image. Thanks!
  2. In the end, I was getting close to a deadline, so I just remade the problem document and that seems to have fixed the PersonaBackstore.dat. However, I still find Publisher to be slugish, which it wasn't previously. Here is the performance tab:
  3. In the end, I was getting close to a deadline, so I re-made the document from scratch and it works now. I guess maybe something had gone wrong? I do importing another Publisher documents into other publisher documents a lot, so if I run into problems in the future, I will reach out.
  4. I make series of Books in Publisher. Each book has its own publisher document. Because the books share certain pages, I create these in a separate document that I call "shared doc". I then import this "shared doc" publisher files into the individual Publisher documents. That way, if I need to make a change to one of the shared pages, I can just make the changes once, rather than having to update each individual publisher document separately. I have been doing this since, 1.8.3 came out and it's worked perfectly. But today it's going screwy. For example, here is a square box in my "shared doc" Because I am viewing in Preview Mode, you can see a big X in the box. However, when I go to output the finished document as a PDF, the big X appears in the finished PDF. Even if I turn off preview mode, the X still appears. This has never happened before. How can I fix this?
  5. I did a reinstall. It was fine for an hour, but now it's back to this again. I've read about PersonaBackstore.dat. It's for storing things that there isn't room in RAM for. But all my various documents are mostly text. Also, I have 16GB of RAM and 10GB is shown as free, so I am not sure why Affinity is using PersonaBackstore.dat.
  6. Since this afternoon, Publisher on my Mac has become super slow. Files that opened in seconds in the morning now take over 8 minutes to open. I have made no changes to the file. Even scrolling through pages or clicking on menus is super laggy, sometimes take as much as 10 seconds for things to appear. Worse still, a file called PersonaBackstore.dat has appeared in /private/var/folders/ft/vkmjt26n273b2rf21tg10_180000gn/T/Affinity Publisher/ It is currently 61.39 GB and growing. What should I do? Should I uninstall and reinstall publisher? Set up: Publisher: 1.8.3 Mac OS: 10.14.6
  7. Unfortunately, I can't provide a sample as it has work that I am not allowed to share. However, I tried making a 'redacted sample' that has only one line of text. When I did this, the Find and Replace worked properly, so I am guessing there must be something in the file that is creating the problem. I noticed that Affinity has an option called "reapply text styles" which can be used to clear overrides. So I set a keyboard shortcut to that command and then used Keyboard Maestro to go through all the text and clear the overrides. I guess this a screwy bug! If I find a way to reproduce it, I will post it in the bugs sections. Thanks to everyone who helped.
  8. My text doesn't have any local formatting. It's just Helvetica 18pt (no italics or bold). Is this something Affinity has changed? In the past, I could use Find and Replace to apply styles and I wouldn't get any overrides.
  9. The text was imported, but it has no style applied to it. The header style I am applying is a base style.
  10. Original text: Helvetica 18pt (no italics or bold). I am applying a style called Heading. After doing Find and Replace, Heading gets applied. But then values like leading, space after are added as overrides instead of using the values in Heading.
  11. I am using Find and Replace to apply Paragraph text styles. When I do this, the applied text styles have extra overriden attributes added to them. Because my document has hundreds of pages, I don’t want to click on each one and cancel the overrides. How can I apply the text styles via Find and Replace without having these overriden attributes added to them?
  12. Yes, it's the latest upgrade. Before 1.8.3, if your document color space was set to greyscale, then the output PDF would also be greyscale. Now if you document color space is set to greyscale, you will get a color PDF, unless you hunt for the option that is buried away in the PDF export menu. It also caused me to waste several hours, and at one point I was just going to recreate all my images in greyscale.
  13. Indesign had a user created script called Equalizer: http://www.indiscripts.com/post/2016/10/equalizer-pro-3-0-released It let you swap objects, as well as copy and paste X, Y, W and H values via keyboard shortcuts. It was one of the the greatest things to happen to DTP. +1 for having something like this built into APublisher.
  14. After experimenting more: It seems to only affect files that were built before 1.8.3. If the file was made in 1.8.3 then it seems to be fine.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.