You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When will the launch offer end? (split)

25 minutes ago, aeioguy said:

As an auxiliary to that question - Will the 30 day trial lock in the current discount ($99.99)?

They haven't in the past, but I have no idea what Serif's plans might be this time. So it's a good question.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

They haven't in the past, but I have no idea what Serif's plans might be this time. So it's a good question.

Well, if the promo lasts for 30 days it probably doesn't matter to me. I'm just trying to decide if I should just buy it or do the trial. I'm more concerned with the new version shakeout. Doesn't seem like too many problems on Mac on the Forums. Be good to know the answer, though.

I agree... this should be a transparent process with all information up front.  If we take the time to evaluate and see if it is worth repurchasing for the 30 days... will the special  launch price be pulled by then/. Is it a way to force a purchase before trying it for fear of losing the 40% discount? 

Also not mentioned anywhere is whether or not there is a difference between the version you get if downloaded directly from them.... and if you order through the app store. Most companies specify the differences if any... and most have at least some limitation by apple. Curious to know which is better.

22 minutes ago, TAMZ DEZIGNZ LLC said:

I agree... this should be a transparent process with all information up front.  If we take the time to evaluate and see if it is worth repurchasing for the 30 days... will the special  launch price be pulled by then/. Is it a way to force a purchase before trying it for fear of losing the 40% discount? 

Also not mentioned anywhere is whether or not there is a difference between the version you get if downloaded directly from them.... and if you order through the app store. Most companies specify the differences if any... and most have at least some limitation by apple. Curious to know which is better.

I have a question about this issue of installation versions: if I buy this "universal license" through the windows store I will be entitled to enter later in the affinity store and download the executable installers? Because in the windows store the price is much more affordable. I understand that in the old version V1 it was not possible because they are different versions, but now they are talking about "universal license" so I would be buying the universal license through the windows store right?

I have read the licensing page but is not much clear about this....

6 minutes ago, Bruno Belo said:

Because in the windows store the price is much more affordable

I am a bit surprised at that. I thought the prices were supposed to be the same in all 3 Stores.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

33 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I am a bit surprised at that. I thought the prices were supposed to be the same in all 3 Stores.

I'm thinking the price he's seeing is for ONLY the wiindows version... since he's asking if he can later get the downloads for the others??  That would be a whole new level of frustration if it's sold through different stores at different prices. 

46 minutes ago, TAMZ DEZIGNZ LLC said:

I'm thinking the price he's seeing is for ONLY the wiindows version... since he's asking if he can later get the downloads for the others??  That would be a whole new level of frustration if it's sold through different stores at different prices. 

I live on Brazil, im Brazilian. So my windows store show me the universal license in BRL, but in affinity store the price is in USD. I remember V1 situation, i have pay more acessible on MS store too, but in case of V1 the universal license not exists.

I dont understand the difference prices but maybe have a tax or IVA or convertion influence for different countries. 

The difference now is aproximately $25 dollar in total purchase. Is very difference in my country because dollar cost here is high.

Just now, Bruno Belo said:

I live on Brazil, im Brazilian. So my windows store show me the universal license in BRL, but in affinity store the price is in USD.

If you click on Buy (and it works like V1) the price in the Affinity Store may adjust at that point.

-- Walt
PC:

7 minutes ago, Bruno Belo said:

I live on Brazil, im Brazilian. So my windows store show me the universal license in BRL, but in affinity store the price is in USD. I remember V1 situation, i have pay more acessible on MS store too, but in case of V1 the universal license not exists.

I dont understand the difference prices but maybe have a tax or IVA or convertion influence for different countries. 

The difference now is aproximately $25 dollar in total purchase. Is very difference in my country because dollar cost here is high.

so I would like to know if the universal license of ms store will allow me to use an executable later and install manually also downloading from affinity store, because I would have a license right? It doesn't matter if I got it from ms store or affinity store.

Now if it's the same in V1 where if you buy from the ms store you only have the right to use the ms store app then the concept of universal license is flawed.

1 hour ago, Bruno Belo said:

so I would like to know if the universal license of ms store will allow me to use an executable later and install manually also downloading from affinity store, because I would have a license right? It doesn't matter if I got it from ms store or affinity store.

I think this should answer your question: 

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/learn/in-app-licence-activation/

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

The 40% off Software Sale will be available until the 14th December 2022.

When the sale ends it will go to full price 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 4:26 PM, Patrick Connor said:

The 40% off Software Sale will be available until the 14th December 2022.

When the sale ends it will go to full price 

Except today, 14th Dec 2022, the Affinity home page says:

Launch offer: 40% off until 25 January 2023

36 minutes ago, stuck said:

Except today, 14th Dec 2022, the Affinity home page says:

Launch offer: 40% off until 25 January 2023

The offer period was extended a few days ago. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)