You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V2 upgrade

I own Designer and Publisher purchased from the Serif store.

My copy of Photo was acquired through the Apple  app store years ago.

When V2 is available, I would like to upgrade all 3 from the Serif store.

So is there anyway to get the upgrade price on Photo while transferring the purchase to the Serif store

and not use the app store?

Thank you.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same question...  I purchased AD and AP from MAS and Publisher from Serif.  I also want to transition all of the licenses to Serif.  I suppose worst case just delete the MAS apps and install those from Serif's store.

I try not to purchase apps from MAS but direct from the publisher...

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS 13 | 4.2 GHz Quad Core Intel-Core i7 | 64GB Ram | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Adobe Photography (Lightroom and Photoshop) | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2 | Capture One Pro (for now) | Topaz Labs Photography Suite | Fast Raw Viewer | NeoFinder

From what I have read in the forums, it seems like the V2 software will be a separate purchase so you can get them from any store no matter who you got the V1 licences from, but you cannot transfer a licence from one store to another.

See here for more details:

• Staff

Your V2 purchase can be made from any store irrespective of where your V1 purchase was made. More exciting news on this next week 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 10/25/2022 at 3:13 PM, TomM1 said:

I own Designer and Publisher purchased from the Serif store.

My copy of Photo was acquired through the Apple  app store years ago.

When V2 is available, I would like to upgrade all 3 from the Serif store.

So is there anyway to get the upgrade price on Photo while transferring the purchase to the Serif store

and not use the app store?

Thank you.

My question was assuming there would be some upgrade discount for currant V1 owners.

In any event I will purchase all three V2 apps.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

• Staff
3 hours ago, TomM1 said:

In any event I will purchase all three V2 apps

Thanks, good for you. I cannot say too much, but I suggest you don't press buy until you have assessed the available options (and no I'm not referring to a subscription)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

53 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks, good for you. I cannot say too much, but I suggest you don't press buy until you have assessed the available options (and no I'm not referring to a subscription)

Yes indeed. 

website