You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

10 minutes ago, Mr TTT said:

Hi, how to make this kind of distorted lines with Affinity Design ? I know how it works with illustrator, but I don't find same (obviously) tools in Affinity

If I can rely on my memory this is done with the blend function in Illustrator. There is no tool for doing this in any of the Affinity applications. However I can get some interesting things by using the power duplication on a curve. Duplicate it scale and move then duplicate again, the scaling and move should happen to that copy. Do this several times and then using the Alignment on different groups of nodes with the Transform Mode and the Selection Box from Curves turned on you can align those nodes and scale and rotate the groups.

2047637742_ScreenShot2022-08-05at8_15_51AM.png.a4b5ff6240b0dff8555081b55b1ad08e.png

724832116_ScreenShot2022-08-05at8_15_59AM.png.f7c42f4a5681367613144a417291f211.png

After a few manipulations of the selection boxes

944667547_ScreenShot2022-08-05at8_25_51AM.png.9940655611be95ee190e26ac2f09a13a.png 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi @Mr TTT,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Currently there's no Blend Tool in Affinity Designer. There's quite a few threads (like this or this one) requesting and discussing ways to get a similar look but these workarounds don't offer the same granularity/control as a true Blend Tool would. You may want to add your voice to one of those threads requesting this feature.
Thanks for your feedback.

1 hour ago, Mr TTT said:

Thank you Old Bruce...yes, I found also a similar way, but pppff, it's sooo long, and full of calculations instead a free "artistic hand movement"
So petty there is not Blend Tool

10 minutes ago, Mr TTT said:

but pppff, it's sooo long, and full of calculations instead a free "artistic hand movement"
So petty there is not Blend Tool

You missed out on the ability to blend different colours for the strokes, that is pretty much impossible with the Affinity suite. That tool in Illustrator was a pretty cool trick in my opinion.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Have a look at this thread below.

Colors can be manipulated by choosing gradient palettes for line color.

Select all, set gradient color.
Manipulate completed waves by selecting 1 vertical column at a time and move it around.

I'd recommend extending your Affinity toolkit with VectorStyler which is perfect for all manor of blends, warps, vector pattern fills, Vector brushes etc... just stuff that Designer doesn't have that Illustrator has, some even via Astute illustrator plugins. Theres a bit of a learning curve but it compliments Affinity brilliantly and enables you to blast through stuff you just can't do with Designers limited vector toolset - see vid:   

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk