You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am just so tired of struggling to see the UI. I will be going back to Photoshop Elements. I don’t think it is any better than Affinity, but at least I can see what I am trying to do.

I would have been delighted with both affinity photo and affinity publisher, but the small user interface has become a dealbreaker.

I looked for ways to make it bigger but none of them seem to cover all of the interface just part of it.

Before you leave, @Mabel Lucy, try switching over to the Light user interface. For the longest time, I loved the “look” of the dark interface, but eventually realized that parts of the interface were getting harder and harder to make out. Not only was this an age-related issue on my end, but the contrast in the dark interface is really low. Switching to the Light mode interface was an immediate improvement, and things are way easier to see now! Things that really improved include (i) the text in individual tabs for multiple open images; (ii) selected vs unselected things; (iii) the smaller icons, especially the monochromatic ones; and so forth. The dark-to-light switch improved my experience immediately.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

I have exactly the same problem! I like the look of the Dark UI, but I find it much easier to see what I'm doing using the Light version!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

I would suggest you edit your post and remove the email address, Mabel. Having it there provides an invitation to spammers.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, smadell said:

but the contrast in the dark interface is really low

I've always wondered how it's possible that developers don't mind ?!
Do they use any super monitors that look good and legible? Or do they not use the dark interface at all and therefore do not try it? (but originally it was only dark - so they had to work with it). Or don't they even work in their own applications, so they don't mind the poor readability of the interface at all? 😞

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

39 minutes ago, Mabel Lucy said:

Also, it said my email would not show. I’m trying to figure out how to change that now.

It is no longer showing, so probably a Moderator took care of it for you.

For future reference, though: You should see a ... icon in the upper right of your post. Clicking it may show you an Edit option. If so, that's what you would use. You could then make your change and click the Edit or Submit button at the bottom of the post when done. You may or may not have that option available, as it depends in part on how long you've been a member here, and how old the post is.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 months later...

I decided to give affinity another try and determine that I did not use the proper description.

I should not have said the user interface is too dark.As was pointed out, that can be changed.

It is the icons that are so small. I just spent several hours squinting at my screen. A Mac desktop.

that is why I am leaving affinity. So sad, too bad.

• 2 weeks later...