You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

URGENT!! Affinity Photo now crashes after update to 1.10.3.

3 hours ago, Truthseeker10 said:

I have been seeing display (and image data) corruption similar to what Ozzoo describes, and which I reported here in another thread (link included below).

A workaround is to go into Affinity Photo's Preferences, then the Performance panel, and turn off the Metal acceleration: untick a checkbox at the bottom of the panel. For me and others this makes 1.10.3 usable, albeit without the performance improvements from hardware acceleration. (These instructions are for Mac users, but I think are similar for Windows users where I think it also works around the problem.)

Another alternative is to revert to version 1.10.1: either from a Time Machine backup (just restore the application in your /Applications folder) or, if you bought the software direct from Serif, by downloading the older installer from the Affinity website.

Thanks! Turning off the Metal Acceleration worked for me!

• Staff
On 10/26/2021 at 11:44 AM, drummonkey77 said:

Photo is now unusable. Every file that is opened old or new causes it to crash to the spinning rainbow and has to be force quit. Using a 16" MacBook Pro running Mac OS 11.6.

HELP!!!

Just to confirm even if you open the program without opening any existing files and then create a new document the app crashes?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

6 hours ago, Truthseeker10 said:

I have been seeing display (and image data) corruption similar to what Ozzoo describes, and which I reported here in another thread (link included below).

A workaround is to go into Affinity Photo's Preferences, then the Performance panel, and turn off the Metal acceleration: untick a checkbox at the bottom of the panel. For me and others this makes 1.10.3 usable, albeit without the performance improvements from hardware acceleration. (These instructions are for Mac users, but I think are similar for Windows users where I think it also works around the problem.)

Another alternative is to revert to version 1.10.1: either from a Time Machine backup (just restore the application in your /Applications folder) or, if you bought the software direct from Serif, by downloading the older installer from the Affinity website.

Unticking the Metal acceleration worked for me. It is running smoothly now. Thank you for the suggestion 

Crash on close log. Big Sur

Affinity Photo_2021-10-26-191943_Mini18.crash

Crash while painting log.

Affinity Photo_2021-10-28-163734_Mini18.crash

Crash while adjusting curves.

Affinity Photo_2021-10-28-175133_Mini18.crash

Edited by TomM1
Added third crash log.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

opening the app with the CTRL key held down and if the reset menu appears hitting select all and then clear to see if that solves your issue? Could you also tell me if you have tried reinstalling the app etc?

neither reset nor reinstalling worked - mbp from mid 2015 here.

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 17.48.54.png

9 hours ago, roadie said:

opening the app with the CTRL key held down and if the reset menu appears hitting select all and then clear to see if that solves your issue? Could you also tell me if you have tried reinstalling the app etc?

THIS SUGGESTION WORKED FOR ME!  the CTRL Key! Thank you!

• Staff

There will be a new update later today (1.10.4) that should fix a few issues some users were experiencing/reporting since the last update (1.10.3)  namely crashes/graphic corruption etc. Please update the app when available and let us know if you are still experiencing those issues. Remember to create a new thread describing the issue along along with your Mac specs. Thank you.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:16 PM, MEB said:

There will be a new update later today (1.10.4) that should fix a few issues some users were experiencing/reporting since the last update (1.10.3)  namely crashes/graphic corruption etc. Please update the app when available and let us know if you are still experiencing those issues. Remember to create a new thread describing the issue along along with your Mac specs. Thank you.

With the 1.10.4. update this issue seems to be resolved for me. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 2.25.23 pm.png