You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Request: Add Graph Design Capabilities

For those who work with organizations and are often required to design attractive data graphs, it would be great to have a data graph design feature within Affinity Designer.

Building the feature into Designer would be ideal, but I've discovered an interesting solution from Datylon that integrates with Adobe Illustrator. Could Serif partner with Datylon to bring their plug-in functionality to Affinity Designer?

See this YouTube tutorial for reference: 

And here is the URL for Datylon: www.datylon.com

Thanks for your consideration. 

I copy & paste from MS Excel. If you don’t add any effects, you can get all the Graph in vector shapes.

Best regards!

@Mithferion

I get by by a similar method from Apple Numbers, but the types of graphs and the formatting options are pretty basic. The Datylon tool above looks quite good by comparison. 

One could use a number of workarounds and alternative tools I suppose, but equally, here's an opportunity for Serif to either develop a superior set of tools for designing data graphs and visualizations, or to partner with third parties like Datylon to make plug-ins possible.

I work with Tableau (and sometimes, with Power BI), so watching the video was kind of weird for me… on one hand, I understand that visualizing Data is a wide and rich field in which the details really matter, but generally speaking, the most useful types of graphs are Bars, Geographic maps and Donuts.

On the other hand, if the organization has the resources, they tend to pay for Tableau Server (or Power BI, or MicroStrategy, or Google Looker, or Oracle BI, or any other) and then have their employees accessing interactive Dashboards via a browser/mobile device. 

This looks like a middle space between working solely in MS Excel or any other spreadsheet program and those BI Platforms I mentioned… not what I am used to, but I understand how it can fit some use cases.

Best regards!

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...