You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.10.0.1104

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

• Fixed subsequent view openings not honouring the 'Limit zoom to 100%' setting
  • Improved performance of Info panel samplers when hardware acceleration is enabled
  • Fixed crash when text doesn't fill the frames
  • Fixed PDF Import crash when nesting many empty layers
  • Fixed IME crashes 
  • Fixed potential artefacts in hardware acceleration on brightness/contrast adjustments
  • Fixed lookup of Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (A025) lens profile 
  • Fixed TIFF files that have cm as resolution unit are calculated incorrectly
  • Added EOS 850D CR3 support
  • Fixed creating a new LUT category not displaying the new category
  • Fixed PSB import error
  • Improved memory management of OpenCL resources to try to prevent out of memory errors (resulting in fallback from hardware to software)
  • Fixed Apply Image results on masks
  • Fixed the crop tool to allow portrait ratio presets
  • Fixed incorrect lens identification with Canon lens and extender (identifying as Tamron)
  • Improved the noise in gradient fills
  • Fixed double-applying of blend modes when objects are clipped to the blending object
  • Fixed selection refinement and outputting as new layer with mask on a document with artboards
  • Fixed Astrophotography FITS Bayer pattern Monochrome crash
  • Fixed Glyph browser failing to render bitmap emoji
  • Fixed failure to load files with certain unicode characters in the path
  • Added highlight for individual clauses when editing text via IME
  • Fixed Patch Tool causing artefacts in LAB colour mode
  • Fixed failure to stitch very large panoramas
  • Fixed PDF Export failure with gradients that have large numbers of nodes
  • Fixed vector export unnecessarily rasterising clips

Previous release notes

5 minutes ago, nezumi said:

I think the lack of comments complaining about something says that you guys are ready for prime time :)

We do not know if they have finished implementing all their planned changes for 1.10.0, yet.

For example, have all the planned performance enhancements been made? Have any other changes that are in process already been released in the beta stream?

One hint that there is more coming can be gleaned from the version change (1.9 -> 1.10) since that indicates an incompatible file format change, such that 1.9 should not be able to Open files saved by 1.10. But some of us have noticed that it's still possible to Save in 1.10 and open in 1.9, so there should be more changes coming.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

But some of us have noticed that it's still possible to Save in 1.10 and open in 1.9, so there should be more changes coming.

Maybe it depends on the use of new functions or not using them? 

I hope that new features will come in future. Rotatable help lines would be nice, also double click on the help lines to open the options to edit position. Also "duplicate" document is very needed in my cases (open a second copy of the whole project as "unnamed" new one). I need it often because i work in 4k but export parts in 1080p (and read positions)... this would be nice for me and not bit work ;) Scalable UI like in mac version would be nice too.

Anyway, with every update i more and more forget photoshop...

P.S. Will we get round Windows 11 corners ??? I use Windows 11 and it seems the only software with square hard edges and missing shadows ;)

10 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

We do not know if they have finished implementing all their planned changes for 1.10.0, yet.

It was just a lighthearted comment on my side 🤭
As for real release date, there is this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnfxzknVK_0&t=12s
We can hear that they are hoping for a release towards the end of this month. I am in no rush, they can take longer, make more changes, I am not pushing or being impatient. It was nothing more then tongue in cheek comment.

2 hours ago, nezumi said:

It was nothing more then tongue in cheek comment.

Understood :)

And thanks for the video link.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1