You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo don´t open

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Matalmi:)

I’m sorry to note your disappointment that no one answered your original post within three or four hours of your creating this thread. Please be aware that we’re all in different time zones and Serif staff are working from home.

You can reset the desktop version of any Affinity app via the ‘Clear User Data’ dialog that should appear if you press the Ctrl key and keep it held down while you launch the app. Leave the default (top three) checkboxes checked and press ‘Clear’; if that still doesn’t make it display in a usable state, try again but press ‘Select All’ before you press ‘Clear’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

@Matalmi Have you installed 3rd party antivirus programmes? If so, then deactivate it and start photo to see if it works now.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Matalmi:)

I’m sorry to note your disappointment that no one answered your original post within three or four hours of your creating this thread. Please be aware that we’re all in different time zones and Serif staff are working from home.

You can reset the desktop version of any Affinity app via the ‘Clear User Data’ dialog that should appear if you press the Ctrl key and keep it held down while you launch the app. Leave the default (top three) checkboxes checked and press ‘Clear’; if that still doesn’t make it display in a usable state, try again but press ‘Select All’ before you press ‘Clear’.

Sorry for my disappointment but i really can´t work without the program. 😅

I did what you said but the problem remains.

In the video you can see the problem.

Ashampoo_Snap_miércoles, 21 de abril de 2021_18h06m37s_002_.wmv

Edited by Matalmi

11 minutes ago, Matalmi said:

I did what you said but the problem remains.

In the video you can see the problem.

The video doesn’t show anything which tells me that you pressed the Ctrl key and kept it held down when you tried to launch the program.

Alfred spacer.png

56 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The video doesn’t show anything which tells me that you pressed the Ctrl key and kept it held down when you tried to launch the program.

I found the problem and it is the drivers of amd graphic card, becouse i did a downgrade of the drvers and te program work.

Plase fix it, i gona describe the problem:

Drivers amd Adrenalin 21.3.1 The program works

Drivers amd Adrenalin 21.4.1 The program doesn´t works

The other programs working well, only the affinity doesn't work.

My graphic card are a amd r7 260x

I hope I have been helpful.

Edited by Matalmi

7 minutes ago, Matalmi said:

Plase fix it

I’m not a Serif employee (I’m just a user like you) so I can’t fix anything, but I hope that the information you have provided will help Serif staff to find a proper solution to the problem.

Alfred spacer.png

Hello @Matalmi

That is not Serifs fault. I also had to downgrade Adrenalin 21.4.1 because a driver component (RyzenMasterDriver.sys) always caused my computer to BSOD (BlueScreenOfDeath) shortly after booting and restarting.

- Solved - DDU did it's job. 😜

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• Staff
On 4/23/2021 at 1:54 PM, Chris B said:

We've had a few more reports. One of our developers has contacted AMD. 

Further to this, AMD/our devs are requesting any crash reports the app generated when using these drivers. I understand this issue has since been resolved by rolling back versions, but were any crash reports generated at the time, these should still be available.

Can you please open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) then depending on the Affinity app you’re using, you will need to navigate to one of the below locations. In this folder you will find Crash Reports generated by our apps. Please attach the .dmp file(s) with the correct Created/Modified Date from your above reports (21/4/21)

Affinity Designer
%APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\CrashReports\reports

Affinity Photo
%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports\reports

Affinity Publisher
%APPDATA%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports\reports

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!