You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not Printing Full Page since Update

Hi,

Since the last update, when printing full page it is not printing all the way to right and leaving a white strip. I have uninstalled Affinity and tried again to no avail. It is doing the same on all 3 printers I have. Tried with other software like Photoshop and they are all printing fine.

Any ideas?

• Staff

Hi Leworrt,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please could you provide a screenshot of your print menu settings? Please could you also make sure you don't have a bleed applied to your document in the document setup window?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BofG said:

If you bought from Serif you can install the older version again.

19 minutes ago, Lewortt said:

Yes I have purchased Serif Photo.

What @BofG means is that if you bought it from Serif’s own Affinity Store, not the Microsoft Store, you can revert to an older version.

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 months later...

LOL... It seems wired that since 1.9.2 it has not worked. Hopefully they will remedy this soon. I use 3 printer a Canon TS205, Canon iX6800 and an Epson ET-2750, all printers have the same issue when printing through Affinity Photo, if I save the image and print it using Windows, GIMP or Photoshop they print fine. Very strange. Fingers crossed they can find a fix as I love using this compared to Photoshop.

8 hours ago, BofG said:

I believe at least some of the devs are still working from home so access to printers isn't easy. Not that they ever seem to test printing anyways of course!

Part of it is there are hundreds if not thousands of printers that they would have to test with to make sure there are no issues with any of the print drivers & the Affinity apps.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

@Lewortt and others here

Sorry this regression has not been addressed yet. I understand we have recently found the cause of the problem and will look to find a solution in a beta shortly 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...

@Patrick Connor —

Could you give us a status on addressing this issue?

I have the problem with all Affinity Software on Windows 10, regardless of print driver (Canon MP vs. Windows XPS) and setting "normal" vs. "borderless" printing. The problem does not occur with other Windows applications, nor does it happen with Affinity Software on Mac OS.

I  would role back to an earlier version of Affinity Software, but cannot find a way to download older versions of the software. 

I am going to revert to pre-1.9.2 versions of Photo and Designer to see if that resolves the issue.

affinity-win-canon-pixma-off-center-printing.png

• Staff

Sorry for the delay.

All the current Affinity 1.10.2 Windows beta builds fix this problem. The beta.  will install in parallel next to the release builds.

The 1.10.2 release (as a patch) will likely be made available this month or early next.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon