You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange happening when grouping items

Hi

I have a apub document created from a template in previous beta where all the layers are locked as I just put new designs in the middle. Using the latest beta I needed to get more space in the middle so increased the paper size from A4 to A3 in spread. I then unlocked the layers so I could increase the gap between the header and footer. Selecting the footer layers (and same for header) if I try to group them one of the text boxes increses the text size, see snips, ungrouping does not take it back to previous size. This also happens in the beta without changing the spread size. I cannot open in the release version as it says some features created in later version. If you want the template please supply a dropbox link

image.png.98ebd43d764a7b1cf6523b0682e4aedc.pngimage.png.2d3508cbdbc12038cb16a2bdce3d9bbd.png

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Started a new design today and had the same experience when grouping picture frames, background and text objects, this time it removed the tracking adjustment from the text

image.png.179b990b0e50e30617aab752682d164a.pngimage.png.435c92d77ea31e3e6e1ee8bb6ff66103.png

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Confirmed in this recent post to another thread:

24 minutes ago, AlanPickup said:

this time it removed the tracking adjustment from the text

The text at the bottom of your second screenshot is smaller but I don’t think the tracking has changed.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks Alfred, tried searching prior to posting, but must not have used phrases that matched. Just noticed the posting above was prior to the my orignal posting which did not get any response from Serif. In my first posting the text increased, in my second it drecreased?

Alan Pickup

44 minutes ago, AlanPickup said:

In my first posting the text increased, in my second it decreased?

As Carl pointed out in the other thread, the text with either increase or decrease in size depending on whether you increase or decrease the size of the text frame before grouping.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Text in scaled text frame could increase in size when grouped) of the program in the latest customer beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.9.1 update/patch to all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.