FrankT

Affinity closes when opening the photo

No problems with updates until after installing version 190834. Affinity opens normally but when I want to open a picture it closes the program. What is wrong.

I may get struck soundly for this but ... this beta has a lot of problems. crashing being one of the big ones. I had to go back a beta.

Just wait a bit. They are good about getting things fixed

Affinity Designer 1.8.5 & beta 1.9.0.852   Affinity Photo 1.8.5 beta  1.9.0.852 Affinity Publisher 1.8.5 beta  1.9.0.863

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 2004

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

3 hours ago, FrankT said:

That's right, I've reverted to version 190820

I got version 190834 working with this setting: Edit> Preferences> Performance and uncheck Hardware Accelerration.

4 minutes ago, FrankT said:

I got version 190834 working with this setting: Edit> Preferences> Performance and uncheck Hardware Accelerration.

That's the only way I could do anything other than launch it.

Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 ; Affinity Photo Beta 1.9.0.834); Win10 Home Version:1903, Build: 18362.207: Intel Core i7-4770, 3.90GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

@FrankT you need to update to the latest beta, 1.9.0.852, which is what @MEB was referring to.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.