Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.0.822

• Staff

Purpose: Updates and Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Windows Store: Not submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Available

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.9.0.822 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is significant update from the 1.8 version available for purchase - we strongly recommend that you do not use this beta for real work as data could be lost and the files you save are not guaranteed to open in previous or future versions of Affinity Publisher.

---

New Features

Product registration and store content streaming

We have now added the ability to link your Affinity app to your Affinity account through a new app registration process. This will have the advantages of you being able to stream any content you have purchased or received for free from the Affinity store directly to all your apps without having to manually install them. This is of particular use to customers who have more than one of our apps, or run our apps on different devices and operating systems as all your content will automatically be available across all of them.

If you register the beta app you will initially receive a free brush kit (the luminance brush kit) for testing purposes. We appreciate this is of little use if you only use Publisher. In a couple of weeks however this will be expanded to include all of the store content you may already own.

While this is the full scope of what we are implementing for 1.9, the link between your account and your apps will open up the possibility for us to offer other features and services in the future which we think you will like.

Improvements and Fixes

General
Fixed issue with MRU files list not clearing under certain circumstances
Items copied as SVG cannot be pasted as text

Document Loading / Saving / Import / Export
Fixed crash when loading document with missing resources
Fixed issue saving files opened via Package
Added import of SVG files from IDML
Added importing arrow heads from IDML
Margin and bleed guide colours imported from IDML
Associated .afpackage files with Publisher

PDF Place
Raster previews are now generated for PDFs placed for passthrough
PageBoxes were flipped for placed PDFs
Changed default Passthrough Preflight Compatibility to worst case (PDF/X1-a)
Updated Passthrough Preflight Checks

Data Merge
Renamed 'Data Merge Node' to 'Data Merge Layout'
When you add a Data Source it now prompts for a file immediately
Changed the preview default to 'Off'
Added 'Show Data Merge file in Finder / Explorer'
Progress reporting improved
Record Advance default was stuck on '2'
Add colon to Data Merge delimiters
Fix for Data Merge failure when data source file is moved
Fixed Data Merge crash with certain Excel file. Dates were not importing correctly from xlsx.
Disabled 'Generate' when there are no Data Merge sources
Fixed Revert to Defaults for Data Merge Layout
Data Merge Layout options could be shown when not applicable
Fixes for Data Merge field expansion
Fix for text size issues with Data Merge

Text
Wrap shapes from Shaped Frames could be confused with user created ones
Expand fields doesn't expand fields in overflow
Made Increase / Decrease Leading Precise more precise

Bookmarks and Anchors
Renaming anchors to pre-existing anchor names was merging anchors
TOC Anchors were not being deleted when the TOC was deleted
Anchors on Picture Frames weren't showing in Context Menu

---

Release Notes for 1.9.0.798

Release Notes for 1.9.0.796

Release Notes for 1.9.0.742

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

29 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Product registration and store content streaming

We have now added the ability to link your Affinity app to your Affinity account through a new app registration process.

Thank you.

Installed without a problem.

Registered with my Affinity account, brush pack was already downloaded. Good.
For a test I logged out with the brush pack available offline and that worked, too.
For another test I logged in and out again without keeping store content available. Brush pack vanished even though it was the active category in the Brushes Studio. Great!

One thing though: if I click (not logged in) on the account icon on the toolbar after I already logged in once before it takes me to the registration page (same applies to the menu entry). There I have to click onto the login link. I'd rather expect to be directed to the log in page directly 🙂

One other thing:
Only the APub icon does not stay on the Windows desktop where it was located before. It always relocates to the topmost left position. This was mentioned from the beginning on. AD and APh do not behave like this.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

15 hours ago, AdamW said:

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.9.0.822 is now available as a download from the link above.

The pleasure is on my side. All installed well ... as usual ... impressive changelog btw.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

22 hours ago, AdamW said:

PageBoxes were flipped for placed PDFs

What does this mean?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I really like the direction APub is going in with the new data tools. To make this tool even more useful, please add the functionality to make some common graphs (bar, pie, line, etc) using the imported data. It seems like a simple addition, but it would hugely speed up my workflow.

For some reason the Alignment, Transform and Arrange tools on the toolbar are grayed out when I select multiple objects to align or distribute in this 1.9.0.822 (Windows 10). However, if I switch to Designer persona while objects are selected, suddenly these tool icons on the become usable. if I switch back to Publisher persona it still works suddenly. Then when I select objects again in Publisher persona the icons are once again grayed out.