You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinty 1.8.5.703 keeps terminating

JerryH

Every since I've updated to 1.8.5.703, the program closes in the middle of exporting periodically. Does this frequently when in the development persona developing RAW files. Never have I had an issue until I updated. In most cases, I've lost all of my work...in a couple of cases, it allowed me to recover my work. Anyone else having this issue on 1.8.5.703? Is there a way to revert back to the last update?

To this time I have no problems with 1.8.5.703 at all.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

I have been trying to use the mesh tool 185 with this new update and it locks up not only the program but my machine. It tied up my machine so bad a few times I had to reboot. The task manager would not even come up. I was having no issues until this update.  I kept saying to myself, don't update, because they are full of bugs. I should have listened to myself. Now I am stuck on a work project because the warp won't work and I need to wrap a label around a dang bottle.

Edit: how do I go back to the previous version?

Edited by snowite
asking question

Having problems too with the Mesh Tool. It works fine most of the time, but once in a while the computer fan becomes loud and Photo goes to Nowhereland and I have to use Task Manager to stop it.

It seems to happen more often right after I worked on a RAW file, CR2 or RW2, but not every time.

There are no crash reports generated.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I have the latest nVidia drives and I experiment a similar problem. Sometimes I have to play almost a minute with the nodes of the Mesh Tool. But it always finishes with a crash. The CPU goes to 99.9%, the fan runs accordingly,  and I have to terminate Photo using Task Manager. No Crash Report is created.

It only happens after I worked on a RAW file, used Develop and then use the Mesh Tool. It does the same with CR2 and RW2 files. 

If I open a JPG file and do the same with the Mesh Tool, Photo never crashes.

-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

When Renderer is set to WARP I don't get any crash, even if I tried very hard.... Back to nVidia drivers... it crashes again, but still no Crash report.

nVidia drivers are the latest... not much I can do except WARP mode. But there must be something going on that shouldn't as it happens only if I worked on a RAW file first.

But I know you will find out.

UPDATE: I installed nVidia "Studio" drivers instead of the "Game Ready" ones I had. It take more time to Photo to crash but this time it just shut down itself instead of freezing. It now created a Crash Report that is attached.

1364a10a-a7c6-4357-9b68-c8ce97b4a296.dmp

Edited by AlainP
Drivers change

-- Macbook Air 15"

I have undated to the v452.06 Game Driver (08/17) recently and that seems to be stable and no longer crashing.

EDIT... Except for HDR :(

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

There are two options that testing today has revealed (I jumped the gun as HDR merge then kept crashing):

• The last stable driver is 442.92 ... i.e. for all NVIDIA drivers
  • If you have a RTX version GPU it seems that if you install without GeForce Experience the latest version(452.06) is OK

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

@AiDon But why do we have to work around this if that is the problem? Most graphic drivers you have to keep updated 99% of the time to keep with 99% of games and indeed programs. I have the RTX 2060 Ultra 6gb version. And it still crashes out. How do you update drivers without the Geforce Experience?  I also have version(452.06) latest version

4 hours ago, John Alex said:

@AiDon But why do we have to work around this if that is the problem? Most graphic drivers you have to keep updated 99% of the time to keep with 99% of games and indeed programs. I have the RTX 2060 Ultra 6gb version. And it still crashes out. How do you update drivers without the Geforce Experience?  I also have version(452.06) latest version

Just download the driver directly from the NVIDIA website. There seems to be issues with the lastest drivers from NVIDIA.

The other option you have, if you have an alternate GPU (usually integrated), is to use that as the renderer in the performance settings or you can also use WARP.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

10 hours ago, AiDon said:

Just download the driver directly from the NVIDIA website. There seems to be issues with the lastest drivers from NVIDIA.

I always do, never 3rd party places, that's what the Nvidia Experience is for, that's the program that keeps your drivers up to date.

You don't need GeForce Experience to download, just go to the NVIDIA website and search for your GPU in the drivers section, download and install.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020