You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Im Creating a Poster for my barbershop and Im putting 30 photos of customers that I and my co-worker has cut. The Poster will be 36'' Height x 24'' Wide. and I know the photos need to be in a High resolution to fit 30 pictures. My canvas size needs to be how many Pixels? What I want to know is there a way I can put numbers on every photo so customers can identify what style there after? Is this possible with infinity designer? or Infinity Photo? because I have both on a Macbook. 

Please help

1 minute ago, Old Bruce said:

In addition to what MikeW has said, set the DPI of the 24 x 36 inch document to 300 dpi.

Thanks. I should have mentioned that. 

I would say to talk with whomever will print the poster. At that size, they may well be reducing anything above 150 dpi to 150 dpi. Large format printing doesn't generally use higher dpi and holds the quality due to the printing technology. 

Possibly use the Guides Manager for easier placement of the 5 x 6 = 30 photos (+ the 30 text frames with numbers) by snapping to the virtual grid.

Easy copy-paste of frames: Draw the first frame > cmd-C > cmd-J > cmd-drag the frame to the next position > cmd-J ...

995752334_guidesmanager5x6.jpg.55fb6e75afafe15ee7d3d0e6a0ada273.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Are these pictures taken with a modern camera? If so I would not bother doing this as I think you are over thinking it. Create your document size as you mentioned. All text and vector images will be fine no matter how large you blow it up. I never look at DPI when printing to my Epson 9900 44" wide format printer. If the images look fine (not pixelated) on my screen they print out fine on my printer. View actual size in whatever program you are using and you will see how pixelated it looks when looking at it really close. Again if it is a modern camera and the photo has not been reduced to make it easier to email then you should have no concerns. 

@Wonderings My Camera I've been using is a Nikon D3200 SLR. Its has 24 Mega pixels and a 35mm 1.8 fixed lens so I save all my photos in the normal file size at 4mb unless i need a higher resolution then I will increase the size. I can post a sample of what Im working on so yo can see what i'm trying to accomplish 

Edited by NateKutit

Is this a cool number icon or just cheesy
554748282_ScreenShot2020-07-16at07_49_40.png.70c2741e6cad19239987ea2277d1add4.png

342532578_ScreenShot2020-07-16at07_49_20.png.ccd768d4a39d6a27015601192e4b892d.png

the hair shape was made by macrovector from Freepik

One of my camera’s is a Nikon 3200 very competent camera. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions