Yesterday I finished my first project made only in affinity publisher. Most of the time I use indesign, but this time, since brandbook I used was made in PDF, it was convenient for me to import PDF directly into publisher and copy from it into my project file.
Working as a graphic designer full time, I do a lot of projects every day and if something is wrong about software, I will see it right away.
So that’s what problems I found?
1. Same poor performance as I stated in this thread: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/103368-poor-performance-on-windows/&tab=comments#comment-570688
2. When I was finishing project, publisher started lagging, and its actually different from my 1st point. This made working barely possible. When I selected and moved text for example, there was a freeze for 5 seconds. After that no lags. But when I scrolled to another page lag repeated. Interestingly, after I restarted publisher , problem went away. Before restarting software I checked system monitor, there was no 100 percent usage of anything. Just usual high load on CPU, just as with any affinity product. Sorry if I explained this problem badly. P.s. all files are linked not embedded.
3. Non existent Hot key or Icon for Picture Frame Properties
4. Complex shortcut for preview mode, ctrl shift w is pretty big shortcut for such often used feature
5. I wasn’t been successful with text wrap feature. I made a short video :
my PC is i5 7500, 16 gb ram, integrated graphics. Publisher version126.96.36.1991