You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

problems exporting logo from AD with trans background

Doesn't PDF files display a white Background even though they are Transparent, I think Adobe Bridge; which is free will display a PDF with Transparency correctly. Maybe some other File viewers will do the same. I've tried XNviewMP but even with Show Alpha checked it doesn't show a PDF with the transparency checkerboard but I know it's transparent

As an aside, If you want the LG in the heart transparent set it up like this.

1941479233_ScreenShot2019-08-10at08_32_07.thumb.png.36f32dcc05f20bcd2aefbd6cb5a25214.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

0h sorry, when I import it into final cut pro x - in fact I'm able to (suddenly) get the transparency, but it's changed it to raster - its super pixellated! I don't understand why it can be vector in AD and then export as raster - am I missing something?

84581303_ScreenShot2019-08-10at16_53_18.png.f2ea1d1a923b2e872f9b48893f1b86f3.png

Some transparency effects require rasterization when exporting to some PDF formats.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, firsthouse said:

0h sorry, when I import it into final cut pro x - in fact I'm able to (suddenly) get the transparency, but it's changed it to raster - its super pixellated! I don't understand why it can be vector in AD and then export as raster - am I missing something?

Are you sure FCP can handle such PDF files? From what I know you need Green-Bluescreen overlay mode and erase the background color in iMovie. PDFs don´t don´t work in HITfilm. Camtasia can handle PDF with transparency natively.

Did you tried my uploaded PDF file?

6 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Some transparency effects require rasterization when exporting to some PDF formats.

I´m pretty sure the image says: "Nothing will be rasterised" from what he has chosen - so it´s probably a FCP conversion on-the-fly during import.

Cheers

16 hours ago, Wosven said:

Did you reopened your PDF in AD or APub? Perhaps you've got complexe items that are converted to pixels later... or it's your PDF settings.

You can check exporting different parts of your file or work until each shape is a simple vector and can be added to form a single layer.

Thanks for this I will check...

10 hours ago, PixelPest said:

Are you sure FCP can handle such PDF files? From what I know you need Green-Bluescreen overlay mode and erase the background color in iMovie. PDFs don´t don´t work in HITfilm. Camtasia can handle PDF with transparency natively.

Did you tried my uploaded PDF file?

I´m pretty sure the image says: "Nothing will be rasterised" from what he has chosen - so it´s probably a FCP conversion on-the-fly during import.

Cheers

Sorry, I'm new to this forum and hadn't realised the pdf..thanks, it comes out white background with no trans at all. I will try making sure the rast stays at zero!

On 8/10/2019 at 8:33 AM, firstdefence said:

Doesn't PDF files display a white Background even though they are Transparent, I think Adobe Bridge; which is free will display a PDF with Transparency correctly. Maybe some other File viewers will do the same. I've tried XNviewMP but even with Show Alpha checked it doesn't show a PDF with the transparency checkerboard but I know it's transparent

As an aside, If you want the LG in the heart transparent set it up like this.

1941479233_ScreenShot2019-08-10at08_32_07.thumb.png.36f32dcc05f20bcd2aefbd6cb5a25214.png

Thanks for this..I think I need to study a little more on layers..there are huge blind spots to my understanding!

40 minutes ago, firsthouse said:

Sorry, I'm new to this forum and hadn't realised the pdf..thanks, it comes out white background with no trans at all. I will try making sure the rast stays at zero!

Strange. My screenshot shows another vector.app showing transparency intact.

You´re still evaluating in FCP? Make sure it can handle it. I can´t find any hints on Apple´s website regarding PDF import.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1