Hi andreimarchenko,
As Sean noted this is just a screen rendering issue/side effect. Since the objects are aligned with the pixel grid they will be exported correctly. If you check them at 100% zoom (or multiples) they should also render correctly on screen. It's mostly a problem at arbitrary zooms levels.

The on-screen rendering issue appears to vanish when the Coverage Map is adjusted from this...

source_blending.thumb.jpg.8c21c01f0a55d891bb57ac21fd0a7477.jpg

to this...

revised-blending.thumb.jpg.78a988c65bd00178df479da5509cf546.jpg

though I'm not sure what impact, if any, adjusting the Coverage Map actually has on the file itself? Anyone?

Affinity Photo 1.7.0, Affinity Designer 1.7.0, Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 Beta

MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

37 minutes ago, Hangman said:

I'm not sure what impact, if any, adjusting the Coverage Map actually has on the file itself

It turns off antialiasing, as illustrated here:

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

On 8/13/2019 at 8:34 PM, MEB said:

Hi andreimarchenko,
As Sean noted this is just a screen rendering issue/side effect. Since the objects are aligned with the pixel grid they will be exported correctly. If you check them at 100% zoom (or multiples) they should also render correctly on screen. It's mostly a problem at arbitrary zooms levels.

So this thing will not be fixed?

Hi andreimarchenko,
I'm afraid there's no changes planned for this (in the short/medium term at least). If we could get rid of it without compromising in other areas we would have done it already. But it's not so simple unfortunately. As said it's just a side effect of how we render images on screen at arbitrary zoom levels, it has no consequences on the exported files.