You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing welcome screen content [ADe Windows 1.7.0]

Hi I'm new here and just found this thread.

I just bought the 3 affinity programs and I am having the same problem with the blank welcome panel. I was  wondering if it got resolved and what was causing it.

I have just bought and downloaded them today and so they are the latest versions. it is happening on all 3 programs. I checked windows defender firewall and the programs where not in there. I have tried adding entries to give them permission to connect but still have the problem.

thanks.

Edited by philb100
added more info

• Staff

@philb100

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

we are all working from home at the moment and some processes are providing slightly more tricky. I would expect this database and it's welcome feed to be addressed early next week. I doubt that it will be empty for long.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

8 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

we are all working from home at the moment...

👍

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

@philb100

Are the welcome feeds all working again for you now?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Thanks for coming back to me. That's probably caused by a firewall being overzealous. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi...

I have the same problem. Can anyone help me too on Windows 10 (1909)
I bought all 3 products and no one show the news feed.

uninstalling with revo uninstaller and cleaning the registry didn't solved the problem.

I tried with firewall turned off too.....

Edited by Snemelc

I think the Welcome screen uses some components of Internet Explorer and to fix this problem I once had to reset Internet Explorer back to its default values

To try this...

Run Internet Explorer
Click the settings cog
Select Internet Options
Select the Advanced Tab
Click Reset at the bottom of the dialogue 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Ha success! the internet explorer  fix seems to have worked. I had to do it through control panel, internet options, advanced, reset internet explorer.  Would have never thought of that being the problem as I never even use internet explorer any more so not sure what changed it!

Cheers.

• Staff

Well done @carl123, nice work.

@Leigh one for the team to remember. ^^

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 4:18 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Fair point, not sure.

Are you using the Microsoft store release or the Affinity store version?

Hi Patrick..

i using affinity designer from microsoft store.. how i get the bonus brush?

because i see if we buy from serif, will get the bonus brush..

2 hours ago, thesignbro said:

Hi Patrick..

i using affinity designer from microsoft store.. how i get the bonus brush?

because i see if we buy from serif, will get the bonus brush..

Did you mean this downloads?

1. Login to your account on https://store.serif.com/
 2. Klick on the right side on "Your Account"
3. Klick on "downloads & product keys"

or follow this link ;)
https://store.serif.com/de/account/downloads/

1 hour ago, Snemelc said:

Did you mean this downloads?

1. Login to your account on https://store.serif.com/
 2. Klick on the right side on "Your Account"
3. Klick on "downloads & product keys"

or follow this link ;)
https://store.serif.com/de/account/downloads/

i dont know which account to sign in. is that same with this forum's account?

because i buy affinity designer from microsoft store, so i dont have account in store.serif..

1 hour ago, thesignbro said:

because i buy affinity designer from microsoft store, so i dont have account in store.serif..

If you are after the Fine Liner brushes

On Designer's Welcome screen scroll until you see the Fine Liner brushers offer, then click on that screen.

You will be taken to the Affinity Store where you can sign up to get the brushes

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2020 at 4:38 PM, carl123 said:

I think the Welcome screen uses some components of Internet Explorer and to fix this problem I once had to reset Internet Explorer back to its default values

To try this...

Run Internet Explorer
Click the settings cog
Select Internet Options
Select the Advanced Tab
Click Reset at the bottom of the dialogue 

That worked for me to.... thanks

Why still using Internet explorer for this its outdated now

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, thank you for your help but my problem is not solved. I've reset IE and there has been no change. In my unskilled opinion I could have avoided this by downloading Affinity Publisher from Serif rather than Microsoft. I've checked my Firewall settings and there isn't an entry for publisher. I haven't figured out how to add Publisher to the allowed firewall apps. Seems likely that Serif has allowed the program files to be put in a secure place C:\Program Files\WindowsApps but I could be wrong on this. I've put this down to experience, and because there appears to be no way of starting again I will not be using the Microsoft store in future.