You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI/Document in Low Res.

Hi Everyone, woke up today to find this bug, was perfectly fine yesterday now everything is in low res. I am running MacOS Mojave (Macbook Pro 15 inch late 2015) with APB in 1.7.0 I think (just updated). Already tried to unistall it and install it again. Thank You

Somebody can help?

Screen Shot 2019-02-27 at 17.50.18.png

4 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi abaldetti,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Keep the first three checkboxes ticked and press Clear. This should fix the issue. Let us know if not.

Thank You Very much for replying, it doesn't show ani dialog,  tried shift+cmd ,  shift+alt/option and what you said shift+ctrl

1 minute ago, abaldetti said:

Thank You Very much for replying, it doesn't show ani dialog,  tried shift+cmd ,  shift+alt/option and what you said shift+ctrl

No Shift. Just Control, hold that one key down until the app starts up and you see the screen.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

No Shift. Just Control, hold that one key down until the app starts up and you see the screen.

Oh I see, It now showed me the screen and I kept only the first 3 checkboxes checked, but it's still blurry/lowres. :(

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 14.02.38.png

Still blurry/low-res after you clicked Clear and the application UI appeared?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 minutes ago, MEB said:

Do you mind restarting the system please, just to rule a few things out.

Just restarted It, the UI and documents still are in low resolution

Edited by abaldetti
clarifying

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

What settings/resolution are you using for your screen - is it set Default for display in macOS Preferences? Are you using any third party/menu utilities that may interfere with the resolution/window management? Also is this the main screen or are you using a dual monitor config?

It's a default settings Macbook Pro 15 2015, no dual monitor or any software for displays or related. It just affects Affinity Publisher.

6 minutes ago, MEB said:

What settings/resolution are you using for your screen - is it set Default for display in macOS Preferences? Are you using any third party/menu utilities that may interfere with the resolution/window management? Also is this the main screen or are you using a dual monitor config?

37 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Still blurry/low-res after you clicked Clear and the application UI appeared?

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

Thank You All of You, Fixed it, looking everywhere found a checkbox in preferences that said Open in Low Resolution, unchecked and it's back to normal.  How weird!

2 hours ago, abaldetti said:

...found a checkbox in preferences that said Open in Low Resolution...

Thanks, I'll try to remember that for when this happens to me. And it will, sigh.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

15 hours ago, abaldetti said:

Fixed it, looking everywhere found a checkbox in preferences that said Open in Low Resolution, unchecked and it's back to normal.

I was just about to suggest that! Glad you weren't just sitting around waiting for slowpoke me!

This feature has "surprised" me before, usually when I first use a new beta.

For anyone else looking for a solution, what has worked for me are two menus (not a checkbox) in the Performance pane of the Preferences dialog. See below ("View Quality" and "Retina Rendering"):

image.png.c948681c20bf99c7bc86c3685c12e47c.png

Using macOS 10.13.6 and Publisher 1.9.3

7 hours ago, cubesquareredux said:

I was just about to suggest that! Glad you weren't just sitting around waiting for slowpoke me!

This feature has "surprised" me before, usually when I first use a new beta.

For anyone else looking for a solution, what has worked for me are two menus (not a checkbox) in the Performance pane of the Preferences dialog. See below ("View Quality" and "Retina Rendering"):

image.png.c948681c20bf99c7bc86c3685c12e47c.png

I know right, I don't imagine a situation where you want to use a low res mode in a graphics focused program...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.