Jump to content
kevinmcsherry

The Illuminati Stole My Scooter

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

This is one of my latest projects for the Scooterola brand. If you can't see the video here, you can get it on http://scooterola.com/index.php/2019/02/24/the-illuminati-stole-my-scooter/

It's hand drawn, vectorised and worked up in AD.

I made a little 4 minute film of the process below:1736435688_SCT190222IlluminatiTshirtCMYKtransparentRED.thumb.png.7ef9c571e85f736f01117d464200845f.png

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lP0KV1V15jw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 


Using: Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6  on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. 

 

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Youtube embed didn't seem to work. If you're interested, here's the link: 

 


Using: Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6  on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. 

 

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love scooters. Have owned a few in my life. My favorite was my Lambretta Li150, which I tooled around on during the late 60's. I did an illustration of it a few years ago, using the old Serif DrawPlus.

Li 150 Series 3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 7:15 AM, kevinmcsherry said:

Hi all,

This is one of my latest projects for the Scooterola brand. If you can't see the video here, you can get it on http://scooterola.com/index.php/2019/02/24/the-illuminati-stole-my-scooter/

It's hand drawn, vectorised and worked up in AD.

I made a little 4 minute film of the process below:1736435688_SCT190222IlluminatiTshirtCMYKtransparentRED.thumb.png.7ef9c571e85f736f01117d464200845f.png


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lP0KV1V15jw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

 

ABSOLUTELY wonderful! The creative concept is fabulous too! Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, AlunR said:

I love scooters. Have owned a few in my life. My favorite was my Lambretta Li150, which I tooled around on during the late 60's. I did an illustration of it a few years ago, using the old Serif DrawPlus.

 

Li 150 Series 3.jpg

Excellent, Alun. I never heard about Serif before Affinity burst onto the scene. If I had, I may have started all this stuff earlier! I also had a Lambretta at one time -around 1980. I completely resprayed it in my garage and painted a version of a cover image from one of the Thomas Covenant trilogy books on the side panels. I think it may have been 'Lord Foul's Bane'. I can't remember which now. I used an airbrush and a compressor that I still have...
I prefer my scooters in their original livery now.
Kevin


Using: Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6  on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. 

 

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, Libbey said:

ABSOLUTELY wonderful! The creative concept is fabulous too! Love it!

Thank you Libbey! I really appreciate that.:27_sunglasses:


Using: Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6  on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. 

 

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevinmcsherry said:

Excellent, Alun. I never heard about Serif before Affinity burst onto the scene. If I had, I may have started all this stuff earlier! I also had a Lambretta at one time -around 1980. I completely resprayed it in my garage and painted a version of a cover image from one of the Thomas Covenant trilogy books on the side panels. I think it may have been 'Lord Foul's Bane'. I can't remember which now. I used an airbrush and a compressor that I still have...
I prefer my scooters in their original livery now.
Kevin

Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. Yes, I read those myself. Really excellent books. I was also a big fan of Michael Morcock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlunR said:

Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. Yes, I read those myself. Really excellent books. I was also a big fan of Michael Morcock.

I haven't read Moorcock. He's added to the list of holiday reading.


Using: Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6  on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. 

 

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×