You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Illuminati Stole My Scooter

kevinmcsherry

Hi all,

This is one of my latest projects for the Scooterola brand. If you can't see the video here, you can get it on http://scooterola.com/index.php/2019/02/24/the-illuminati-stole-my-scooter/

It's hand drawn, vectorised and worked up in AD.

I made a little 4 minute film of the process below:1736435688_SCT190222IlluminatiTshirtCMYKtransparentRED.thumb.png.7ef9c571e85f736f01117d464200845f.png

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lP0KV1V15jw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That Youtube embed didn't seem to work. If you're interested, here's the link: 

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

On 2/25/2019 at 7:15 AM, kevinmcsherry said:

Hi all,

This is one of my latest projects for the Scooterola brand. If you can't see the video here, you can get it on http://scooterola.com/index.php/2019/02/24/the-illuminati-stole-my-scooter/

It's hand drawn, vectorised and worked up in AD.

I made a little 4 minute film of the process below:1736435688_SCT190222IlluminatiTshirtCMYKtransparentRED.thumb.png.7ef9c571e85f736f01117d464200845f.png

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lP0KV1V15jw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ABSOLUTELY wonderful! The creative concept is fabulous too! Love it!

On 3/9/2019 at 4:17 PM, AlunR said:

I love scooters. Have owned a few in my life. My favorite was my Lambretta Li150, which I tooled around on during the late 60's. I did an illustration of it a few years ago, using the old Serif DrawPlus.

Li 150 Series 3.jpg

Excellent, Alun. I never heard about Serif before Affinity burst onto the scene. If I had, I may have started all this stuff earlier! I also had a Lambretta at one time -around 1980. I completely resprayed it in my garage and painted a version of a cover image from one of the Thomas Covenant trilogy books on the side panels. I think it may have been 'Lord Foul's Bane'. I can't remember which now. I used an airbrush and a compressor that I still have...
I prefer my scooters in their original livery now.
Kevin

On 3/9/2019 at 4:40 PM, Libbey said:

ABSOLUTELY wonderful! The creative concept is fabulous too! Love it!

Thank you Libbey! I really appreciate that.:27_sunglasses:

2 hours ago, kevinmcsherry said:

Excellent, Alun. I never heard about Serif before Affinity burst onto the scene. If I had, I may have started all this stuff earlier! I also had a Lambretta at one time -around 1980. I completely resprayed it in my garage and painted a version of a cover image from one of the Thomas Covenant trilogy books on the side panels. I think it may have been 'Lord Foul's Bane'. I can't remember which now. I used an airbrush and a compressor that I still have...
I prefer my scooters in their original livery now.
Kevin

Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. Yes, I read those myself. Really excellent books. I was also a big fan of Michael Morcock.

1 hour ago, AlunR said:

Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. Yes, I read those myself. Really excellent books. I was also a big fan of Michael Morcock.

I haven't read Moorcock. He's added to the list of holiday reading.

• 3 weeks later...

The original fitted into my A4 scanner, so I scanned it at 150dpi and vectorized it using a Mac app called Image Vectorizer. That bit was simple.