Peter Kahrel

Regular expressions: \b works only at word-beginning

For me they both work in that the text is found, looking in the results list. However the\b does not highlight the match in the text frame.

And as I mentioned in another topic, a Replace operation involving a \b that matches the end of a word fails.

I also found while experimenting with this that it was a good idea to do a different search (to generate a different results list) in between searching for \bthe and the\b. Otherwise it's hard to determine exactly what was going on.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.514 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.518 Beta

Confirmed: the\b shows the match (with context) in the display panel, but the match isn't highlighted, isn't highlighted when you click the displayed item in the panel, and replace doesn't work either. Refreshing the search panel with another search doesn't improve anything.

Peter

1 hour ago, Peter Kahrel said:

Confirmed: the\b shows the match (with context) in the display panel, but the match isn't highlighted, isn't highlighted when you click the displayed item in the panel, and replace doesn't work either.

Confirmed. Seems to be the same issue that I found in the Mac version:)