You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guide position tag ignores origin

If I reposition the document origin away from the top left corner of the document and then drag to create a new guide, the position of the new guide has a tag that pops up next to the cursor which ignores the new origin's position. In the attached screenshot, you can see that the the 0 position on the rulers (the origin) has been moved away from the corner. The cursor unfortunately doesn't show up in the screenshot but you can see the little black tag reads 61p - it should be 0.

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 8.39.43 PM.png

6 hours ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

Not fixed in build 238.

We didn't expect it to be fixed in .238, as it wasn't listed in the release notes :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

I didn't know what we were expecting, only that it is a known issue.

We (at least, I, since I probably shouldn't speak for everyone) expect that bugs which are fixed are announced in the release notes, and that if the release notes do not say that the acknowledged bug was fixed, that it hasn't been :) 

(Otherwise, we would all feel obligated to check, on every new release, whether any/all of our reported problems were still problems.)

(I also think, that Serif expects us not to expect that something was fixed if they didn't tell us that it was. But I really can't speak for them.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.