Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

 

I have not long managed to get a Huion GT220V2 Graphics Drawing Display Tablet/Monitor. I have gone to use Affinity Photo (on windows latest os, and affinity version 1.6.5.135). When I put the pen to the display affinity photo changes the tool instantly to the background eraser tool. I cannot use any tool with my pen and display as when I try it just change the tool back to the background eraser tool? Has anyone else had this? I have even tried the beta version and the same thing happens! Anyone got a fix?

 

Thanks!

 

Billie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @LadyBillieBoo,

21 minutes ago, LadyBillieBoo said:

When I put the pen to the display affinity photo changes the tool instantly to the background eraser tool

It sounds like you're using the wrong side of the pen. Try using the other end and you should be fine. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @LadyBillieBoo,

It sounds like you're using the wrong side of the pen. Try using the other end and you should be fine. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Thanks but the pen only has one end, its not like a pen for a ipad or android device.

Thanks,

Billie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you definitely got the right drivers in this case? Surely it's a driver/huion issue as that's the default behaviour when you using the "eraser" end of your pen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes definitely got all the right drivers, I am an animator and use this tablet daily in other multiple software's fine. My pen does not have an eraser end. Only a pen nib end, if you want to erase you use the erase tool with the pen nib as you would a brush or pencil etc. It is only affinity photo that seems to have a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See if any of the suggestions in this thread can help

 


Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, carl123 said:

See if any of the suggestions in this thread can help

 

Thanks, I will try all in that thread, but at least its seems to be an issue, not me losing my mind lol.

Billie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LadyBillieBoo said:

Hi everyone,

 

I have not long managed to get a Huion GT220V2 Graphics Drawing Display Tablet/Monitor. I have gone to use Affinity Photo (on windows latest os, and affinity version 1.6.5.135). When I put the pen to the display affinity photo changes the tool instantly to the background eraser tool. I cannot use any tool with my pen and display as when I try it just change the tool back to the background eraser tool? Has anyone else had this? I have even tried the beta version and the same thing happens! Anyone got a fix?

 

Thanks!

 

Billie

I've had the same problem with a different Huion tablet.  I eventually fixed it while playing with the Windows Ink settings and deleting / reinstalling the tablet drivers.  Frustratingly, I've tried to replicate what I did but can't get back to the original problem!  The only thing I can think of that might help is to make sure that old drivers are deleted and don't hang around in memory  (they can be tenacious!).


AP user, running Win10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IanSG said:

I've had the same problem with a different Huion tablet.  I eventually fixed it while playing with the Windows Ink settings and deleting / reinstalling the tablet drivers.  Frustratingly, I've tried to replicate what I did but can't get back to the original problem!  The only thing I can think of that might help is to make sure that old drivers are deleted and don't hang around in memory  (they can be tenacious!).

Yeah, I have had a look at the windows ink settings but that didn't help. It seems as long as I keep the pen really close to the screen it can work. I will try re-installing the huion drivers later on, in the middle of an animation right now and can't be without my beloved pen and monitor ha ha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×