Cosdet

Affinity Manipulation

Hello, I am new to Affinity and photo manipulation. What I wanna learn is effortlessly blending images together to create a realistic look. One example is I wanna add bats to the attached image, but most pngs I find look like vectors so it ruins it for me. On the other hand I found a few bat photos I like but it’s reallly hard to just remove the background as it takes most of the image... Any tips/tricks about how to go about achieving this? Thanks in advance!

74B1D838-CCC3-49FA-B3E8-4426A4568611.jpeg

F81F9741-ACA1-40A2-85AA-E9D7F2A9C7BE.png

4AEF659C-D3F5-454C-AB1E-5ADC691B515C.jpeg

F6E6306F-8D9B-44A2-B412-430BC6959A2A.jpeg

BEAF838A-C373-43E9-8CFF-0C4BEF27871C.jpeg

179B9F85-0FAD-40ED-BC0C-864966A3BADB.jpeg

Hi Codeset,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please could you let me now which photo you are trying to add the bats to and which image of the bats you would like to use. Although I must say some of these images are quite poor with blurryness on the bats themselves and similar colours around the bats which might make them hard to cut out.

Thanks

Callum

To make a composition easier always try to find images that have transparent backgrounds to start with.  Even if you just have a single image of a bat you can duplicate/rotate/resize it to look like lots of different bats.

In my image the black bats are just a few found already on a transparent background so adding them to the sky was relatively easy.

I only added the lighter coloured bats as I was not sure what the guy was supposed to be looking at, so the image looked a bit odd to me.

batman5.jpg

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:34 AM, Callum said:

Hi Codeset,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please could you let me now which photo you are trying to add the bats to and which image of the bats you would like to use. Although I must say some of these images are quite poor with blurryness on the bats themselves and similar colours around the bats which might make them hard to cut out.

Thanks

Callum

Obviously to the night shot of a person, that’s where I want the bats to be added. It doesn’t have to be these specific images, but I would like them to be realistic. Looking forward to your suggestion

On 1/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, carl123 said:

To make a composition easier always try to find images that have transparent backgrounds to start with.  Even if you just have a single image of a bat you can duplicate/rotate/resize it to look like lots of different bats.

In my image the black bats are just a few found already on a transparent background so adding them to the sky was relatively easy.

I only added the lighter coloured bats as I was not sure what the guy was supposed to be looking at, so the image looked a bit odd to me.

batman5.jpg

Thanks for your help, i know transparent pngs are the best to work with for this case but the thing is I couldn’t find any realistic ones to work with.. Like your edit is cool but still the effect is not realistic, thats what I am going for more. Its really hard to find a png of a re@listic bat