You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

default font size -- forum

Personally; I'm finding the forums default font size too small --- I know I can use Ctrl +/-  but .................. .
I would prefer 16 or even 18 as that is more in balance with photo sizes 
I even tried washing my classes with my clothes ------ don't make  much difference 9_9
Cheers Cheers or  Cheers
default  ..16 ......  .. 18 

2013  0006.jpg

Every browser nowadays has or offers zooming here, some of them allow just for text too ...

fire_the_fox.jpg.30453976a87834303f52e1f8188bc9b9.jpg

I believe it's overall a matter of taste and physical eye sight capabilities here. :27_sunglasses:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

2 hours ago, ianrb said:

Personally; I'm finding the forums default font size too small --- I know I can use Ctrl +/-  but .................. .

And personally, I find it just right :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Depends what browser you use Safari has an option to never use a font size smaller than 9pt and up to 24pt on the Advanced tab
Safari-Font-size.png

Firefox has similar under it's settings 
Firefox-Font-size.png

Google the same can be done.

1. Open Settings. 2. Find "Font size" and set it to the custom option. 3. Click "Customize fonts." 4. Change the minimum and regular sizes.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

51 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Depends what browser you use Safari has an option to never use a font size smaller than 9pt and up to 24pt on the Advanced tab

thanks for that; I will look into it however I feel the settings I'm thinking about are resettingable by the forum admin  

I doubt, they will change the settings worldwide lol!

Safari-with-font-accessibility-turned-of

Safari-set-to-no-less-than-18pt-Font.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Just now, firstdefence said:

I doubt, they will change the settings worldwide lol!

I don't have the big dangerous buttons in the forum I moderate; but I have a feeling the default font was adjusted at some time in the 10 years I have been there with an embarrassing 27,500 posts  -- I have backed from there of late
The settings now used on this forum would likely be "as supplied default" --- but there are lots of default settings that can be changed like the  default font size 
It's not a big drama; just thought it was worth asking . I find photos are better viewed here at 90% and fonts at 110/125% . I can not view a full photo when at 100% so   use 90% [using Ctrl -/+] 

Its all personal choice Ian, as long as you get what you want and feel comfortable with it, that's the main thing.

5 hours ago, ianrb said:

thanks for that; I will look into it however I feel the settings I'm thinking about are resettingable by the forum admin  

They may well be something the admins can change. The question I would have to ask, if I were one of them, is whether that should be done simply because one user would prefer them to be changed. Affecting the experiences of all users is not a step taken lightly.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Some browsers allow you to define a ‘user stylesheet’. If your browser is one of those, you can easily tailor your own experience without affecting anyone else.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)