You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snapping Stays ON

Just sat down to learn the new Crop tool (very cool, by the way). But I noticed that turning Snapping off by un-selecting the snapping icon on the Toolbar actually does NOT turn it off, at least not in the Crop tool.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

I opened a photo, placed a single guide line, and two rectangles. With snapping set to "on" the rectangles snapped to each other, and to the guide, as well as to the edge of the photo. Cropping snapped to the guide line. But, even with snapping ON, cropping would not snap to the edge of the rectangle. With snapping set to off, the rectangle would not snap to each other, nor to the guide line, nor to the page edge. With snapping OFF, cropping would not snap to the rectangles, nor to the guide line. But even with snapping off, the crop tool snapped to the edge of the photo.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

1 hour ago, Chris_K said:

I've reported this to the development team to see if we can get this improved

Thanks

I noticed some problems with with Metal running on the Mac. Just for what it is worth.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.