You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error Msg: Failed to save document

Did you have embedded AD or AP files?

I just had this problem (not able to save), with embedded AD bêta and AP bêta files in pages (not master): once I replaced the AP file, I as able to Save and Save as, keeping the AD file in my page.

Perhaps it was due to having just made the images, since the error message was about not having the rights to save the file (it only created 0k files).

After closing the files in AD and AP, and restarting APub, I tested again droping and placing in a picture frame this AP file, and I was able to save each time.

Chris,

Whilst we wait for this fix to be available in a new build, is it possible to get around the 'expired' message we now receive on the previous beta version please ?

I have 1.7.0.145 installed but it's out of Beta.

Many thanks.

****** Scrub that..... I just tried saving my Publisher document and it worked in 1.7.0.162 ??? - wasn't working last week ??!!!  ********

5 hours ago, 3drenderingservices.co.uk said:

and NOW it won't save :(

Did you try to do a 'Save as...' to save it with a different name? This worked for me in such situations.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Just now, 3drenderingservices.co.uk said:

Yes, I tried Save As.

Sorry to hear that this doesn't work. Then perhaps it's related to the bug mentioned by Chris_K above.

Good luck,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.