You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

In other words:
In a "perfect page layout world" (which in this very special context is still called "InDesignVerse") I would have had two 3-page spreads, then I'd duplicate the 4 pages I need to rearrange and amend for a web PDF, and done within minutes. Been there done that hundreds of times. :/ 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Eh, @Return, whatever.

Anyway, no need to feed an old and retired v1 thread anymore.
Folks, please post your current suggestions here:
forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/122-feedback-for-the-affinity-v2-suite-of-products

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

1 hour ago, loukash said:

Yeah.
The 1990s have called and want their gnarled PageMaker-ish concept back!

Just the other day I had to rebuild a relatively simple 6-page 3-fold broschure – that I made out of necessity on two landscape pages – into a 4-page (sans a reply coupon) PDF for web. 
It was a literal p.i.t.a.
(Yeah, I should have followed my own old advice and work with artboards in the first place. Silly me, I just happen to like master pages otherwise…)

I like 90's music and films... but I don't want to go back to 90's desktop publising software. 

17 hours ago, NiTOXide said:
  • We're limited to a maximum of 48 column and row guides on a page
    • The original idea was to have 10 column guides per page to help with image and content layout.
      •  Therefore the super-wide page should have 100 columns and 10 rows.
    • Finally just opted for 40 columns and 10 rows - 4 per page. Should suffice. Had to adjust gutters so everything lined up with the "page end" guides.

I believe the limit in v1.10 is actually 105 column guides and 105 row guides. I doubt it changed in v2 but if it was limited to 48 in the past it isn't now.

In any case, if you run out of column guides then draw empty text frames on a master page and lock them to prevent accidentally typing into them on a. document page. For example, if you wanted a guide every 10 mm then draw frames that are 10mm wide and space them 10mm apart. Empty text frames make for very good column guides.

Let's continue the discussion in this related v2 feedback forum thread instead of posting in this archive where it won't be seen.