Sim2

Vertical text alignment in text box

Type in a text box can have horizontal alignment applied, when the text is highlighted there appears to be vertical alginment available on a right-click but a selection doesn't alter the alignment of the text within the text-box i.e. align/top; align/center; align/base.

Would be very useful to have this enabled to avoid having to float a text box over a graphics box just for the text. Thoughts?

Sim2.

P.S. I agree that the text-on-a-path should allow the path to be seen and/or be styled.

Those right-click alignment options refer to objects aligning with other objects, as in the Layer > Alignment menu. We don't currently support vertical alignment of text with a frame. We'll add the over the next year.

I noticed the absence of a Vertical Type feature today when I tested my *.ai files in Affinity Designer.  All the Japanese I created using Illustrator's Vertical Type Tool (tategaki) is changed to horizontal text when the file is opened in AD.

Please add a Vertical Type Tool akin to the one in Illustrator.  Such is not really needed so much for English, but for Japanese and Chinese, it's a must have feature.