Sign in to follow this  
Bigby

(AD) Morning Coffee

Nice job. Thanks

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 & beta 1.7.2.476  Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 beta  1.7.2.476 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.422 beta  1.7.2.458

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

Well done Bigby, I like what you did with the font; colour, size, position. Works well against the teal background. 

The shape of the letter E suggests a teaspoon stirring action, as well as biscuits and cake slices...when your chosen font works, it starts to tell a story and that is brand identity.

Your next lesson should be a mock up menu in the same vein; now that you have done the front cover, the rest should be easy. I've done a menu before in 1998 and that is a brilliant exercise in building your confidence and skills. If you were to show the finished article to your favourite cafe/bar/takeaway then any feedback would be very useful.

Good luck.

peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Originally I had the coffee with some strange elliptical bubbles in, different background (light blue) and the pink-coloured font. There was an obvious lack of details, so I added couple of things as you can see. Still not sold on those coffee beans and the chocolate pattern, but it is what it is.

I'll think about the menu. Might be a great exercise.

By the way - the font is Bauhaus 93, for anyone wondering. ;)

9 hours ago, Bigby said:

By the way - the font is Bauhaus 93, for anyone wondering. ;)

The Bauhaus fonts are instantly recognizable. Having said that, I’m not sure I could have told you it was Bauhaus 93, even though that’s probably the first variant I ever met. :)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)