hattak

Can I transfer my license to another Windows workstation?

Hi everyone,

I'm about to buy a license for Affinity Designer. However, I'm going to change my hardware in a couple of weeks. Right now I'm using Windows 7. But I plan to use Windows 10 on my new PC. Will I be able to use Affinity on my new PC if I buy a license right now? It's not about using your software on 2 PCs at the same time (I know the license is per one workstation). I will just have to switch my workstation and I don't know if I should wait and a buy a license after buying new PC.

Thanks ;)

Hi Hattak,

Welcome to the forums :)

You will be able to use the app on your new computer , should be able to log into your account at Affinity.store and re download the app onto your new computer.

Thanks

C

1 hour ago, hattak said:

It's not about using your software on 2 PCs at the same time (I know the license is per one workstation).

That's not correct. The licence is per user: you may install the software on any PC that you own or control, provided that you are the only person using it for commercial purposes. Please see the 'Digital orders' section of the Affinity Help and Support page.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

What about moving platforms I have a Windows licence for both but want to use in on Mac, no different really than moving to another PC but it looks like you need to repurchase the Mac version.

Each OS requires a separate licence.  Windows licences are handled by Serif while Macs are handled by Apple - they can't use a common license.

AP user, running Win10

16 hours ago, drkanukie said:

... no different really than moving to another PC ...

Moving the apps from a PC to a Mac (or visa versa) is considerably different from moving them from one PC to another. Mac API's are not the same as Windows ones; among other things their windowing, file access, I/O, & security models are very different.

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1