You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If you own a Mac, ...

... or a Windows PC ^_^ ...

... there's nothing stopping you from getting it today using the iTunes Store to buy it.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi raj_sangeet,

No, there's no way to transfer licenses between platforms. I will check if you can sell it.

Affinity Photo is a RAW converter/developer and photo editing/painting app. It doesn't manages image libraries as Lightroom, Apple Aperture or Apple Photos. It's editing capabilities are however more powerful than regular DAM software and are comparable to Adobe Photoshop + Adobe Camera RAW. I advise you to download a trial a try it for yourself (available from our website - scroll down to the bottom of the website for the link, below the buy buttons). You can also check the Official Affinity Photo Video Tutorials (Mac) thread or the  Official Affinity Photo (iPad) Tutorials thread to see/learn how it works.

Affinity Designer is an hybrid vector/raster graphic/web/ui design and illustration tool comparable to Illustrator/Fireworks. It contains a basic set of pixel tools to manage images but stops there. It's strengths are the vector tools and features for design like artboards, symbols, constraints etc and Illustration. We also have a trial available on our website (scroll down to the bottom of the website for the link, below the buy buttons). Here's the corresponding tutorials thread: Official Affinity Designer Video Tutorials.

Hi Krist,

Yes, you can install it later from your iPad using the App Store app or syncing using iTunes.

If I buy on iTunes Store on my pc, can I transfer to iPad device?

Any content in your iTunes library, including apps, can be synced from your PC to your iPad. Alternatively, you could simply download it again (but you may prefer not to waste all that 'bandwidth').

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi raj_sangeet,

No, there's no way to transfer licenses between platforms. I will check if you can sell it.

I don't know what the terms are for the Windows apps, but all apps sold through the Mac App Store or the iTunes Store are sold with a nontransferable license -- you cannot sell or transfer ownership of the license to anyone else.

At the bottom of both Store windows is a Terms & Conditions link. The link opens different web pages depending on your country or region, but about half way down the page, look for the Licensed Application End User License Agreement section, and in it for a "Scope of license" section. For the U.S. version it says in part

You may not transfer, redistribute or sublicense the Licensed Application and, if you sell your Apple Device to a third party, you must remove the Licensed Application from the Apple Device before doing so.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Okay, thanks! Can a PC license be transferred to a Mac? Can I sell it, if I am not using it? What's the difference between Designer and Photo?

Thanks

Hi raj_sangeet,

Regarding your question about selling the Window license, yes, you can sell it, note however that when you bought the application in the Affinity Store the generated product key was associated with your e-mail address. There's no way to transfer the license to another person to make the product key work with a different email address since one is encoded in the other and they work as a pair when you install the application. So to sell it you have to uninstall the application from your computer and give the buyer your product key/e-mail address pair. This was also asked by another user here.

R C-R,

The Apple license has nothing to do with the OP's question. I'm aware that Apple terms don't allow to sell/transfer apps. Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Krist,

There's a trial available on our website. Scroll to the bottom of the respective application page to find the trial's link (below the buy buttons). It will work for ten consecutive days counting from the first time you run it. Note that the trial is independent from the retail version - you can't convert the trial into the retail just filling the product key/e-mail.

There's no Linux version available.