You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add option to export icons for android scale factors (mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi etc)

Similar to IOS, Android icons are exported at different scale factors.

Please add the option export slices to the standard android sizes:

e.g. if the icons in the designer file are MDPI (this is equiv of ios 1x), then the scale factors for each android sizes are:

• xxxhdpi: 4.0 x mdpi size
  • xxhdpi: 3.0 x mdpi size
  • xhdpi: 2.0 x mdpi size
  • hdpi: 1.5 x mdpi size
  • mdpi: 1.0 (baseline)
  • ldpi: 0.75 x mdpi size

Taken from: http://developer.android.com/training/multiscreen/screendensities.html

and here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18655194/scale-factor-for-xxhdpi-android

Ps: i see in the video, that you have tick boxes for ios 1x, 2x etc, so i assume you could have additional one for android (mdpi, hdpi, xhdpi, xxhdpi):

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Our plan is to change the Export Persona to offer a hierarchical list of exports setup for each object - where you can add different size variants or format variants. We aren't just going to squish lots of extra things onto the existing dialogs just to make it work - we want to do it properly. As of yet the feature request you added hasn't been actioned, but it was already planned and will be implemented as soon as we can action it. We have had to focus on other areas to date - but this will start to be implemented in the coming months, I hope :)  As I'm sure you know, features take time - and there are an awful lot of features we're trying to add - it isn't just a day by day checklist - it's weeks or months of work for each feature, realistically, and there are only so many resources at present.

Thanks again for your patience,

Matt

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

You should already be able to do this in Designer 1.5. If you create a slice with all the sizes you need and then save the preset then you should be able to pick this whenever you need it.

In AD 1.5 and back it will not take setting "1.5x" or "0.75x" to the export options, it will round the value up to the nearest integer (1.5 to 2, 0.75 to 1, etc...).

While answering this I installed 1.5.1 and it seems not to round the values up!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

In AD 1.5 and back it will not take setting "1.5x" or "0.75x" to the export options, it will round the value up to the nearest integer (1.5 to 2, 0.75 to 1, etc...).

While answering this I installed 1.5.1 and it seems not to round the values up!  :D

Oh yeah!! It's about time !!!

I'm an Android developer and I have waited this "little" feature for a long time!!

Have a nice day to everyone.

- Marco (mkdm)